Inspired 24' Vs. 26'

Petrum

Hey Guys,

i'm just looking for some advice on my next bike.

Basically i want a bike that is more street than trials orientated, i'm a big fan of bunnyhops, i've been riding 24' brakeless street and a 26' trials bike, but i want to combine both, as i dont have time to ride both..!

My question: How similar is the feeling of a 24 Fourplay compared to the 26 Hex? I'm 6ft5 and unsure if my back can handle a 24', but i don't want to lose too much agility when choosing the 26' for a little bit more space..

Or Is there a a good set-up to make the 24' more fitting to my size, or perhaps is it smarter to build the 26' Hex so its more flicky?

I'm unsure which one to choose, maybe some of you could give me some pointers as i have only had the chance to ride the 24' Inspired and it does feel small, but i havent had the chance to get on a 26 inch.

Thanks, Peter :)!

Put it this way, Ali C came very close to a podium spot recently riding Elite on his 26" Hex in the British Cup so I wouldn't worry too much about losing some agility on one!

I've had a go on a Hex and it felt really nice, like it wants to be manualed with no effort. I'd definately recommend going for one, if your not sure though it may be worth PM'ing Ben Rowlands as he is tall like yourself and rides 24.

What height you are doesn't really effect why bike is more suitable for you, it makes te slightest difference but not one of the biggest factors. I'm an average sized chap and feel comfortable in my hex.

The feel and length and style of riding the bike suits too depends a whole lot on te bar and stem combo. A high short front end makes it streety and a low long front end makes it more inclined to doing trialsy moves. The inspired frames are quite versatile in the way thy can be altered and can all feel different. I was on a ride a few weeks ago and there were three hexs out, they all felt different in their own way but everyone liked theirs and the way it rode for them. So whichever the choice you can make it suit you.

I think the hex does point more in the way of 'proper' trial moves than say the 24 but it copes perfectly fine for street and I prefer the way it performs streety moves but that's just my opinion.

I hope that's cleared some things up for you (Y)

I'm not sure how tall Ben Rowlands is exactly, but he's pretty huge and is very comfortable on his 24".

I know Ali rides 26" street sublimely but if you want a bike that is more streety than trialsy then a 24" inspired is the way to go. I find 26" wheels a bit too sluggish for street, harder to spin and don't manual as nice etc.

Is there anyway you can find someone who has one that you can have a go on?

I used to ride a 26" Revel and it was getting to the stage where I really needed to get a new bike. I had one ride on my flatmates new Inspired Fourplay and I pretty much ordered one straight away. They're soooo good.

I could never ever go back to 26" now!

What 24 do you actually ride currently? I'm a big fan of bunnyhopping up walls and straight to rear on my 26 rather than half pedalling and tapping and I felt so at home on a fourplay. So much so that I will definitely be getting one in the very near future!

Blackmarket Contraband, but thats really on the verge of being way to small haha, even with a 4' riserbar.. And i actually used to ride a 26' Revell too, great for hopping about but didnt really feel at home on it to be honest..

But thanks for the advice you have given me, a lot to think about.. I guess the decision lies more on if i want more street or more trials, if i can smooth out the size difference with a nice bar/stem combo!

If anyone has more tips, please keep them coming :)!