Time For A New Paint Job

D Rock 45

Since i bought a day glow yellow rim my bike is looking a bit dull now. The frame is no longer white the black stem has sun bleached a green tint, my brown bars never fitted with the bike and my fork look silver on one side from failed side hops. Ive respayed bike frames before for my dads bike so i know i have to take my time with it and not rush, both turned out great.

Tools I use were. grinder fitted with a sponge like pain removing pad. heavy grain sand paper. light grain sand paper and Ive been told to use emery cloth so i will buy that to.

So being respayed is the frame, bars, forks and stem.

My plan is to only pray 1 white primer, or skip primer, 2 coats of the colour chosen depending on the colour if its a light or dark then maybe 3, then 1 clear varnish coat. all left for recomended drying time.

The colours have on my wheel set are, back black white rim tape. front day glow yellow black rim type and black pedals, black crank arms

Open to any idea's on the colour schemes, need a good one to fit the back and yellow

I will update you along the way

Edited by D Rock 45

All black, the stealth look is always a win!

Patrick <3

i was thinking of that but not to sure, i think i will be keeping the black on the stem an fork, just compleatly respray them though. so more Frame and Bars now.

also what i thought might look tidey, its the Frame and Bars raw just clear varnished and the stem and bars the colour of choice

yes i am afraid it is, but whats wrong with that ? just would like to see what everyone else would do.

Probably paint it their favourite colour, or black.

It just seems weird to paint your bike a colour someone else wants it to be instead of one you want.

Probably paint it their favourite colour, or black.

It just seems weird to paint your bike a colour someone else wants it to be instead of one you want.

i does, but i was hoping people would say lots of mad colour schemes then i would pick the best.I would spray it Green but i cant find the right colour shade of Green, also i though i post the stages am up to will it.

at the momment the bars and forks are silver. frame almost done the stem i havent started .

ive fround a colour called tangerine orange gloss and that is going to be the frame an stem colour . the forks and bars are going to be gloss black

pictures soon

Edited by D Rock 45

• 1 month later...

that does look good, how did you get on stripping the paint of the frame originally? I am just about to strip my frame to (thinking the sanding down and then spray technique.. not nitromores though..) but getting in about the cable guides/brake mounts etc looks like a nightmare!

that does look good, how did you get on stripping the paint of the frame originally? I am just about to strip my frame to (thinking the sanding down and then spray technique.. not nitromores though..) but getting in about the cable guides/brake mounts etc looks like a nightmare!

i just sanded the hole think using medium sand paper down to super fine, also emery cloth for inbetween the cable guides and brake mounts then use white spirt to clean it all.

using a wire wheel attachment for a drill is good to use, try and get a soft one where the bristals give way to save scratching your frame to much.

Edited by D Rock 45
  • Like 1

Looks good polish the forks and it would look better i think?

yeah i will polish them up they where shinny for a week then went dull.

:o That's the exact colour scheme of my Echo - bright orange frame with fluoro yellow front rim!

Twins:

http://img221.images.../8117/echog.jpg

Clearly the best look for your bike then! ;)

it is indeed my friend :)

i just sanded the hole think using medium sand paper down to super fine, also emery cloth for inbetween the cable guides and brake mounts then use white spirt to clean it all.

using a wire wheel attachment for a drill is good to use, try and get a soft one where the bristals give way to save scratching your frame to much.

Thanks man, going to give it a bash next week... so good to know that you can get good results that way.