Stock Tires... Again

Tom3bar

Hello boys and girls,

I did a search on the topic and didn't find exactly what i want to know - so i would greatly appreciate your help.

I ride on Ozonys curve V2 (stock).

Been running Der Kaiser for ages and loved it, a few month ago decided to try the sticky lite (weight weenie)...

Too many punctures and really hard to find this tire sweet spot (psi wise)

So before i'm returning to the kaiser - been wanting to know how is the Queen 2.2/2.4? and how is the new Der Baron??

Also if the queen 2.4 will fit the frame?

Thank you for your time,

And if anybody comes to Dressler camp - see you there :)

Tom.

Queen 2.4 is really unstable compared to a kaiser, I didn't find it punctured too badly but I always try to be smooth and rarely push to go big. I don't think it will be as good as the stiky light.

I'm currently using an old rain king with about 30% tread left and it still grips better than the queen did, when I finally replace it I want to try a 2.3 baron in black chilli :)

edit: the 2.4 queen is about the same size as the 2.5 rain king, I've also seen the UST queen used because it has thicker sidewalls which should help its stability issues.

Edited by forteh

Der Baron is same as rain king just re=badged. Make sure you get the black chili - they do cheap versions with a hard shitty compound.

Forteh: I'm not 100% you can get a black chili der baron in 2.3. i've seen them in hard compounds with thin sidewalls in halfords, not sure if you can get a good one though.

I have a good condition rubber queen 2.4 for sale it's really good for street but natural you have to put a bit air in to keep it folding. Get it second hand then saves you wasting 45 on a tyre you might hate inbox me if your interested ste

Edited by Stebass