A New European Company Starting Up - Looking For Feedback

tmks88

Hey guys,

We're starting up a small company that specializes in making quality parts for the biketrials scene.

We planned to start our production run in August with a few boosters, a bashring(with a quick release system) and a few other

things.

Below you can find some pcitures of the boosters we made for testing purposes - we would love some feedback and suggestions on the

look and feel. In case you are wondering why they are asymmetric - it's to reduce overall flex that might happen from bolts moving slightly

in their respective slots. The new versions will be 10mm thick with pockets 9mm deep. Current versions are 6mm thick.

We've been talking with Tartybikes and we decided to offer our products to them first - provided that you guys like them :).

So please, let us know what you think of the boosters here, it is very much appreciated.

roadsidepromo2.jpg

roadsidepromo.jpg

roadsidepromo3.jpg

Märt Märtson and Tanel Välja

I like it,there´s hole in the booster market for some quality Vee brake boosters.Hope the price is right though.Also,why not make it symmetric and use fixing bolts as other boosters have?

I have ridden dual V brakes for years and also noticed that its almost impossible to get any V brake boosters.

I was using an old Echo one which was very heavy though.

• All edges need to be heavily chamfered/ filleted.

• What price are you looking at selling them for?

• They look to be cut out on a routercam or basic CNC mill...if not why not try something a little more adventurous?

• I wouldn't have said the asymmetric idea is a good one... surely it's just going to be more weight on one side / more flex on the other?

• Have you had this design put through FEA or any kind of load analysis?

• Like 1

• All edges need to be heavily chamfered/ filleted.

• What price are you looking at selling them for?

• They look to be cut out on a routercam or basic CNC mill...if not why not try something a little more adventurous?

• I wouldn't have said the asymmetric idea is a good one... surely it's just going to be more weight on one side / more flex on the other?

• Have you had this design put through FEA or any kind of load analysis?

Tanel Välja:

We were looking to stay between 35-40 EUR.The new iterations will look nicer, but will keep with the initial idea :).

The Asymmetric idea looks good in my opinion, but Märt(TMKS88) convinced me that we need a slightly more "regular" booster aswell, so we are working on one this weekend.

Yes, the design has been FEA tested to make sure we remove weight but not any stiffness/strength

Also the test rider of that V brake booster is very happy with it. He has been riding with it since march.

Was just wondering , would it not be better to have a clamp and booster system where the booster sat below the clamps directly on the frame with the clamps slightly thinner to remove the flex from longer bolts , as isn't the closer the booster to the frame the stiffer it is? Had a wee design idea for that a while ago among other things. Would be nice to see a company making some things where there is a gap for instance some kind of disk to V or 4 bolt adapter would be pretty nice to see.Good luck!

Was just wondering , would it not be better to have a clamp and booster system where the booster sat below the clamps directly on the frame with the clamps slightly thinner to remove the flex from longer bolts , as isn't the closer the booster to the frame the stiffer it is? Had a wee design idea for that a while ago among other things. Would be nice to see a company making some things where there is a gap for instance some kind of disk to V or 4 bolt adapter would be pretty nice to see.Good luck!

I understand the thought behind this, but i always thought it was better to have the booster on top of the clamps. No-matter how strong your frame is, you'll get flex because the frame is only supporting the bottom of the brake cylinders, and not the top.