Finally Gapped Something :)

danrobinson

Nice one man! Not to put you off but I'm struggling to go bigger than 6-7ft at the moment, I got better at gapping without realising it. The bigger you go the more you have to compress I think, and I struggle with that haha.

6ft doesn't feel huge when I ride with guys who can do like 8-9 I think? Hah. Damon does like 12...

Try practising gapping up pallets, really helps you learn to tuck. I kept landing a gap from 2 or 3 pallets to 5 that was about bike length away but never landed it properly :( kept hopping off backwards lol.

Edit: basically, no matter how good you are most people always feel like there's someone better than themselves. I feel like a shite rider when I ride ha.

Edited by JMCD
  • Like 2

6ft doesn't feel huge when I ride with guys who can do like 8-9 I think? Hah. Damon does like 12...

Try practising gapping up pallets, really helps you learn to tuck. I kept landing a gap from 2 or 3 pallets to 5 that was about bike length away but never landed it properly :( kept hopping off backwards lol.

Edit: basically, no matter how good you are most people always feel like there's someone better than themselves. I feel like a shite rider when I ride ha.

ill get the pallets out tomorrow and try 1 to 2 and so on at bike length B)

iv only rode my bike like 10times now and i feel really confident on it now from when i first got on it, took a while to get the hang of riding a mod before this bike i had only rode dh so i feel really good at the moment :)

ohh and is it worth tryng side hops from the back wheel on the pallets or find a bench/wall instead?

Not to put you off but I'm struggling to go bigger than 6-7ft at the moment, I got better at gapping without realising it. The bigger you go the more you have to compress I think, and I struggle with that haha.

Me too, my best so far is like 6 ft, bloody hard to go bigger!

But yeah pallets are good for pushing your limits and working on to really go further and bigger, but natural riding wouldn't hurt to. I've done the mistake to only ride in the city and sucks on rocks etc.. But riding is only for fun and that's what I enjoy! :)

Edited by williams
  • Like 1