How Do I Bed In A Tensile 60 Click Freewheel

miketrials1995

Noooo, there's no need to open it up to bed it in? Wtf?

Just flush it clean with some GT-85, and ride it, ride it like just a normal bike, no trials use for 1 or 2 hours and it should be fine. Do NOT just go out and ride your bike like normal (I mean riding trials) just ride it chill. And flush it out atleast like 3-4 times during the "normal riding".

You will see a shitload of greese come out on the side of the freewheel, this is normal. I have had mine since the start of the year, recently changed to a SL though:)

Good luck:)

Thaks for the coments and atm im just flushing it through gradualy and riding it like a normal bike.

Also is it normal for the outer teeth to have play in them from new

Depends, I suppose it is. Do you have the freewheel on the front? And does the chain 'dip' (gets slacker) at one point?

i run it on the back

if you are running it on the back, make sure you check the lock ring is staying tight. it is designed to be on the cranks, and therefore self tightening. if you have it on the back, the rotation of your wheel will naturally try to loosen the lock ring. if I was you, I would loosen the ring and put a tiny blob of loctite, and tighten it back up, for added piece of mind

Edited by bing

Stick a punch in one of the little holes in the back of the freewheel and gently hit the ring round until you can unscrew it with your fingers. If your going to put the loctite on the lockring you may aswell clean the grease out this way with an old rag or the like because it will speed up the bedding in process as there will be less grease to spread around.

Edited by bike_dummie

ok I couldnt get the lockring of so just kept beding in the freewheel and the lockring loosend itself of now the springs are all pointing the wrong way my fault really Im not very mechanicaly minded. im going to get it rebuilt by someone who knows done it before thanks for the help everyone.

that's why they are marketed as front freewheel only, as rear wheel application will loosen the lockring. even if you sent it back to where you got it, I doubt they would give you a new one, and they would know by the state of the internals how you used it. you should be able to get the spares off tartys or rocknroll bikes