Next Big Thing

Kevinfor

Hello guys!

So after watching a lot of vids of this Borisevich Pavel guy i got really inspired to try and learn some of the, what i would call, more advanced moves such as up to front and hooks.

Which one do you guys suggest i should start with?

Sorry if this is a stupid question and a pointless thread but i thought since im not riding right now i might aswell get some input before i go out there and break myself or the bike trying to go about things the wrong order hah!

Thanks a lot.

Kevin

Thanks for your quick reply!

Good point. I guess there's no harm in going for both but i just thought it would be quicker to focus on one hah!

Any pointers on how to go about learning either of them?

Thanks

Kevin

Edited spelling... Too late to be speaking english hah

Edited by Kevinfor

Pallets!!! Great for learning moves on.

With front wheel gaps try flat to flat first. Have the gap small so you can gap to two wheels then gradually increase the gap so you have to go more to front.

With hooks stack say 6 pallets then put another pallet at an angle up against the stack. Make the angle big so its easier then gradually make the angle smaller to make it more into a proper hook.

I still can hook vertical walls... (N)

Ive recently managed to progress on both these moves.

With hooks:

Speed is key, hit it too slow, your not going to have the forward/ upward momentum you need to get the next upward movement/wheelswap up onto the wall/object. Try a few practice runs at getting the height you need at a decent speed to build your confidence and be able to judge distances etc. The wheelswap is harder to explain, but they sort of come to you. Hooks are easiest to learn on a sloped wall. You dont have to go vertical and you can practice the swap easier.

Upto fronts:

Scary shit. Ive been able to do these for a while, but only recently gone much bigger, around 45-48". The key is commitment. Throughout the whole move, I focus on the point im aiming to land my front wheel on. You dont have to go very fast at these. Once youve got the front wheel onto said desired spot, get your weight over the front of the bike as fast as you can, following it up with a wheelswap or pivoting your rear wheel onto said object.

WARNING!: If you feel/see your front wheel hasnt made it onto the object sufficiently, do NOT let go of your front brake! Hold onto that mofo, get a foot down and take another run at it. Letting go of the brake with all your weight over the front and feet on could result in a face full of wall. Bitter experience taught me that one.

• Like 1