drilling frames and forks?

m.stone

what frame and forks?

advice - don't, especially the forks (and i like drilling stuff :giggle: )

there was a vid with a guy who had drilled the legs of some trialtech forks, seemed to work for him but i'd say you're asking for some injuries doing it. frame could be ok, depending on where you plan on drilling holes in it.

Well forks was just if I could. I'm hoping to have a new bike start of next year so just really want to custom this one. I have got an onza t-rex, ain't sure where to drill atm just asking if any ones got advice, :)

The trial tech fork have already got the holes in I think :)

If you've read my other comment.. I am getting a new bike start of next year, an just want to make it custom. Not bothered bout the weight because it is already very light. An I didn't think there was anywhere to drill on forks without weakening them.

Drilling Trialtech forks is stupid really. Completely defeats the point of having them.
Could run Try-All forks for less weight.

In reply to the op, I wouldnt bother. There are other areas of the bike you can change to actually notice a difference.
Tyres and tubes are a good place to start. Changing those alters the rotational weight they have, and it really does make a difference. A lighter set of tyres and tubes will be a difference that you should notice. You could singlewall your rear rim, if its not already, to shave a little more weight and get a little more bounce from your tyre.

i drilled my rear rim the other day basically as I've had the wheel for the best part of 10 years and probs used for 6 of it without breaking it and i swept up all the swarf. on a halo combat sas (v. heavy but strong as fook) 36 8mm holes as a start through both sections only actually saved 24.3g so don't be a weenie it really isn't worth it just learn to ride.