Diet plan.

BradJohnson

So I'm wanting to become fitter and a little bit slimmer, and cut all the crap out of my diet.

so I've tried 3 different calorie counters and each one tells me I don't need to loose weight,
when in actual fact I feel I could loose at least a stone!

The calorie counter tells me I need 3,100 calories to maintain my weight and my BMI is supposed to be average!
I'm 6ft, 3 weighing in at 13.2 stone.

Just wondering what sort of things I should be eating/drinking in order to loose weight.

Thanks Brad.

The key is exercise and energy balance.

If

Calories in > energy expended = weight gain

Calories in < energy expended = weight loss.

Just so you know;

lipids ~ 9.kcal

protein ~5kcal

carbohydrate ~ 4kcal

and alcohol is ~ 9kcal

Don't bother wasting your time measuring all your calories though imo because it takes ages and most people do it wrong anyways.

Simply cut down on meal sizes (or substitute size for quantity, 5 smaller meals is much better for you than 3 large ones)

Need anything else, just ask

Edit, BMI is absolutely ridiculous as a measurement and the calorie counter doesn't take into account environmental and genetic factors let alone your daily activity.

BOOM

Edited by showurcolours
  • Like 3

I use to do a lot of weight training for about 2 years but i recently stopped it as it was messing with trials.

Before i started weight training which was feb 2011 i weighed in at 15.7 stone and i am just around 6ft. I then went down to 14.2 stone and i now currently weigh 14.9 i would love to maybe get down to 14 if i could.

I am now focussing on my fitness for comps this year i don't fancy getting any bigger or gaining more weight.

Aswell as riding trials maybe consider getting a xc or road bike? Its made a difference to me recently as i do about 20-30 miles a week on me xc bike so my fitness has progressed.

Drink water and lots of it.

Eat brown bread not white.

Try and at least keep on your 5 a day of fruit and veg.

Fish, chicken etc.

Rice, pasta, oats..

Its what i normally eat/drink although every weekend i like to have the intake of junk food for one meal lol.

Edited by Andeee

Calories in > energy expended = weight gain

Calories in < energy expended = weight loss.

Just so you know;

lipids ~ 9.kcal

protein ~5kcal

carbohydrate ~ 4kcal

and alcohol is ~ 9kcal

Are those statistics per meal/per day.

how old are you? 17?

I'm 18.

I use to do a lot of weight training for about 2 years but i recently stopped it as it was messing with trials.

I am now focussing on my fitness for comps this year i don't fancy getting any bigger or gaining more weight.

Aswell as riding trials maybe consider getting a xc or road bike? Its made a difference to me recently as i do about 20-30 miles a week on me xc bike.

Fish, chicken etc.

Its what i normally eat/drink although every weekend i like to have the intake of junk food for one meal lol.

Thanks a lot, I do want to gain muscle, all the top riders are fit and muscular!

Just look at Damon.

I'm also wanting to get fitter for the nationals, as I'm wanting to finish in a decent position.

Aswell as riding trials maybe consider getting a xc or road bike? Its made a difference to me recently as i do about 20-30 miles a week on me xc bike so my fitness has progressed.

Fish, chicken etc.

If you don't fancy going on a road bike and wearing spandex like most of them seem to do, go jogging. If you're serious about the army there is no point messing around buying a bike. Nike+ shoes and watch helps you track all your progress and miles and it's ridiculously accurate, thus a great training aid (quite expensive though)

> Drinking lots of water is ok, but if you're weight training as would be required to join the army, you'll more than likely end up absorbing water into your muscles thus increasing weight without any benefit at all (other than looking bigger, which is ridiculous again)

> Both types of bread are actually ridiculously unhealthy for you, although that being said, brown is marginally better.

> The whole 5 a day con is a government thought scheme which actually doesn't give you many benefits at all unless you eat healthy. Fruit/fruit drinks are also full of sugar which, is bad for you (please don't make me explain why)

> I agree with fish and chicken :)

I apologise to Andree right now for simply ruining his post

Are those statistics per meal/per day.

No where near, per gram of said item. Also bare/bear (I never know which is correct) in mind that most items contain a multitude of those items. Luckily however, most food will tell you on the packaging.

If you don't fancy going on a road bike and wearing spandex like most of them seem to do, go jogging. If you're serious about the army there is no point messing around buying a bike. Nike+ shoes and watch helps you track all your progress and miles and it's ridiculously accurate, thus a great training aid (quite expensive though)

> Drinking lots of water is ok, but if you're weight training as would be required to join the army, you'll more than likely end up absorbing water into your muscles thus increasing weight without any benefit at all (other than looking bigger, which is ridiculous again)

> Both types of bread are actually ridiculously unhealthy for you, although that being said, brown is marginally better.

> The whole 5 a day con is a government thought scheme which actually doesn't give you many benefits at all unless you eat healthy. Fruit/fruit drinks are also full of sugar which, is bad for you (please don't make me explain why)

No where near, per gram of said item. Also bare/bear (I never know which is correct) in mind that most items contain a multitude of those items. Luckily however, most food will tell you on the packaging.

I hate running/jogging i would struggle to do it for 100yds lol. Where as on my xc bike i could go for miles.

We all know how hard it is when you are on a repetitive rabbit food diet lol . besides bread goes well with everything haha.. well brown bread. lol

Edited by Andeee

But that's the thing though, dieting doesn't just mean eating 'rabbit food' (which I happen to love, not literally)

It also means eating smaller portions, exercise and when you eat as well.

Also, there's a shit load of recipes out there for food which is super quick and super healthy. I cook most nights and it takes me no longer than 25 minutes, always tastes great (not saying I'm a good chef or anything, as it's simply the ingredients I use) and is always super healthy.

besides bread goes well with everything haha.. well brown bread. lol

Spoken like a true northerner ;)

I totally agree I need to start, running but my fitness is terrible!

When I was younger I was bullied a lot about my weight and sporting ability's.

I believe because of this that's why I see myself more over weight than i actually am.

Because of this when i was younger I give up football and cricket.

Help with how to get my fitness levels up would be great too.

i know about pushing yourself to the limit and overloading can help but i don't want to be having problems with my body like i know lots of sport personnel do.

I'm going to start posting pictures of me tucking into a bargain bucket on facebook to make you jealous...

I'm gonna post a picture of me tucking into yah mams bucket to make you jealous. BOOM!!!!!!

Edited by Andeee
  • Like 6

I totally agree I need to start, running but my fitness is terrible!

When I was younger I was bullied a lot about my weight and sporting ability's.

I believe because of this that's why I see myself more over weight than i actually am.

Because of this when i was younger I give up football and cricket.

Help with how to get my fitness levels up would be great too.

i know about pushing yourself to the limit and overloading can help but i don't want to be having problems with my body like i know lots of sport personnel do.

Well that sucks, I've seen a picture of you and to be honest there's no point at which I thought you were even slightly chubby, nor even 'cuddly'

Now, this is gonna sound harsh but it's the truth, everyone in the army will mock you (pretty sure most of them are jokes but still) if you can't take that kinda banter than I seriously wouldn't join. Unless there's some evil narcissistic side of you we haven't seen ;)

But more to the point, I seriously recommend a pair of Nike+ because it gives you a training plan and everything. It's actually awesome.

Just start off with something comfortable, say like a 2km run. Do that 3 times a week, then build it up. On the weekends aim for 5km at a lower pace.

PM me if you want me to sort you out with some kinda rough plan

• Like 1

Well that sucks, I've seen a picture of you and to be honest there's no point at which I thought you were even slightly chubby, nor even 'cuddly'

Now, this is gonna sound harsh but it's the truth, everyone in the army will mock you (pretty sure most of them are jokes but still) if you can't take that kinda banter than I seriously wouldn't join. Unless there's some evil narcissistic side of you we haven't seen ;)

But more to the point, I seriously recommend a pair of Nike+ because it gives you a training plan and everything. It's actually awesome.

Just start off with something comfortable, say like a 2km run. Do that 3 times a week, then build it up. On the weekends aim for 5km at a lower pace.

PM me if you want me to sort you out with some kinda rough plan

This is great thanks a lot.

I'll send you a PM.

Good idea man!

I am not a health and fitness expert in any way but I do know that one way to lose weight is to constantly move like when your on the phone just walk around, forget about 15 - 20 min on a treadmill (that obviously helps but is not enough if that is all you do in a day)

As others have mentioned already you have to drink water and lots of it (added bonus is your skin will look healthier) try to avoid sugar as much as possible (that includes lactose and even fruits)

And if you want to gain some muscle you should try to eat a lot of turkey, chicken and eggs as they are verry high in protein and low in fat.

If you want vids I would highly recomend this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/strengthcamp

And also start going to the gym but dont be affraid to ask the people in there for help and pointers.

Good luck man!

Kevin.

29 years old 5'6", 11 stone still eat pies and cakes happy with that :D

the pies n cake diet is mega you just have to ride everywhere do not use your car, buses or taxis.

and give your self time to hit the streets on your bike daily you will keep the weight off just riding your bike

If you want vids I would highly recomend this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/strengthcamp

And also start going to the gym but dont be affraid to ask the people in there for help and pointers.

Sorry to ruin someone else's post but if you ask someone at the gym, there are only going to tell you what works for them (which most likely won't work for you) as well as a host of other bad, scientifically incorrect information, that includes the personal trainers - who, at the end of their day, if they really worked; everyone would use them no matter the cost, let alone if they actually did work then they wouldn't have any customers.

I wouldn't ask people in the gym, the odds of someone there actually having decent enough knowledge is incredibly low.

Sorry again, I know I'm being a dick but this is something that I know and I'm passionate about.

the pies n cake diet is mega you just have to ride everywhere do not use your car, buses or taxis.

and give your self time to hit the streets on your bike daily you will keep the weight off just riding your bike

Oh really? As well as clogging your veins and arteries with cholesterol and possibly risking an infarction... :P

I ride 5 days a week when the weathers better.

And i ride moto trials 1 day a week for 5-6 hours.

I can usually do 6 hour sessions on the pedal trials with no problem,

the lads i ride with ask where i get the energy from cause i literally don't stop.

But riding doesn't seem to take much energy from me, so i need another sport on the side.

I'm going to start the gym/ and jogging.

Sorry to ruin someone else's post but if you ask someone at the gym, there are only going to tell you what works for them (which most likely won't work for you) as well as a host of other bad, scientifically incorrect information, that includes the personal trainers - who, at the end of their day, if they really worked; everyone would use them no matter the cost, let alone if they actually did work then they wouldn't have any customers.

I wouldn't ask people in the gym, the odds of someone there actually having decent enough knowledge is incredibly low.

Sorry again, I know I'm being a dick but this is something that I know and I'm passionate about.

Oh really? As well as clogging your veins and arteries with cholesterol and possibly risking an infarction... :P

I was thinking more in terms of correct form for certain exercises but i know what you mean and I agree completely!

• Like 1