Air forks

Mule

As well as my nice Rockshox shock pump (that I appear to have misplaced) I also have this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beto-MP-035-Suspension-Fork-Shock-Pump-RRP-25-/400398510159?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item5d399c684f

Totally fine, works just as well as the RS one and is uber cheap! Used it quite alot recently as i have been playing with pressures and it has been great :)

I don't need to pump them but ill be covering 2.5k miles and if something is liable to break it will. Plus Rockshox recommend checking pressure every 5 rides and as that will bleed a bit each time I will be having to top up every few days.

Cheers for help peeps i have one ordered now if i have problems ill update but should be fine

I don't need to pump them but ill be covering 2.5k miles and if something is liable to break it will. Plus Rockshox recommend checking pressure every 5 rides and as that will bleed a bit each time I will be having to top up every few days.

Cheers for help peeps i have one ordered now if i have problems ill update but should be fine

What rockshox recommend and what is actually neccessary are two very different things though. I'm supposed to change the oil in my forks after every 15 hours of riding. That's 2 oil changes in a week. I did them at some point last June and upon splitting them down again two weeks ago, the oil was still relatively clear and at the correct level.

My oil had been sitting in my forks for 6 years, until the other evening when I finally got round to servicing them :$ They were like new inside and the oil looked perfect! As kris said, in reality it is really not necessary to change oil/pressures THAT often (but maybe slightly more often than 6 years...)

What rockshox recommend and what is actually neccessary are two very different things though. I'm supposed to change the oil in my forks after every 15 hours of riding. That's 2 oil changes in a week. I did them at some point last June and upon splitting them down again two weeks ago, the oil was still relatively clear and at the correct level.

Service interval for Rock Shox is 40 hours for the bath oil. Which (on my revelations) is only 5ml in each leg. Obviously it depends on conditions but I'd say that's about accurate - I service the lowers every 1-2 months and you can tell the difference before/ after pretty easily. The damping oil is different - I don't know what SRAM quote but I only ever touch it if there's a problem.

Surely you're not riding 30+ hours/week anyway?!

Service interval for Rock Shox is 40 hours for the bath oil. Which (on my revelations) is only 5ml in each leg. Obviously it depends on conditions but I'd say that's about accurate - I service the lowers every 1-2 months and you can tell the difference before/ after pretty easily. The damping oil is different - I don't know what SRAM quote but I only ever touch it if there's a problem. Surely you're not riding 30+ hours/week anyway?!
Not always of full on riding, but to and from work, into town, off to the jump track, local woodlands twice a week in the evening, downhill park at the weekend and if i'm really on it maybe a downhill track during the week. Usually 20 minimum, yeah.