PEDAL UPS

butterztrials123

I am having trouble with pedal ups. I start pedaling and lifting the wheel. I get the bike in the air, but it is just like a normal bunny hop. I land with both wheels on the ground at the same time and I get about like a foot high. I watched videos but they give little help. Advice please.

Basically just practice..

When I watched videos it always confused the hell out of me, for me, I found doing it myself then watching the videos+tutorials after to make sure I didn't get into any bad habits.

You'll get it eventually and it can be frustrating, but the best way is to go out and ride :P

• Like 2

Thanks for the help, im improving slightly. I found my problem was that I wasn't putting power in the last pedal but i still would like some tips on how to get more height please.

Now that one's practice, don't be afraid to throw your bike (with you on it of course) don't rely on the pedaling to get you up it... Power power power my friend!!

• Like 1

This is why i find it hard to do, pallets are the only safe option an simce i dnt have any or anywhere to put them im stuffed an look like a beginer everytime i go out

I actually find the best place is walls which have a grassy "field" type on the other side, they can often be gradual in height from the floor too..

I'd say it depends what kind of pedal up you're trying to do. Are you doing it in a so called '20" style' or '26" style'? Because these techniques are very different!

Are you doing the technique Gilles uses at 2:48 (26" style)

http://vimeo.com/23775311

or like the pedal up Benito does at 2:38 (20" style)

http://vimeo.com/15370926

A good way to improve you're technique is to shoot when you're trying to do the jump, and then compare with how the Elits are doing it :)