Pedal coming loose

Danny00135

So basically my right pedal keeps coming loose, and it's becoming quicker and quicker to do so after every time I tighten it.

Has anyone had this problem before?

when I take the pedal on and off it starts easy but there's more resistance as it's coming out, as if it's cross-threaded. but it's not, the threads are fine :blink:

Is it possible that it could have gone 'oval' in shape?

Do you think something like loctite thread-lock will solve it?

i had this with my tr cage pedals, but it was the left one that kept coming slightly lose (only ever got lose to the extent of being nipped up, but i could feel it when i pedaled). i just whacked some grease on the threads and give it a good tighten up, seems to have sorted it so far...... (Y)

no dirt/grit/bits of shit that shouldn't be there on the threads? guess its possible to have oval-ed your cranks (i suspect they'd go first being alu vs a steel? pedal axle) they do deal with a f**kload of stress.

i'd avoid threadlock on the threads to, could lead to problems further down the line even if it doesn't fix the issue.

also, what cranks and pedals?

Edited by trials hoe

My trialtechs do this, I use mg 1 pedals, they kept coming loose, so I cleaned the threads out with degreaser and a bottle brush, and cleaned the pedal thread as well. Light smear of copper greas, and tighten it up as tight as you can. Simple as that