Trimming pads to fit in frame

PaRtZ

Looking for the quickest way of removing pad material without compromising pad material properties ie glazing

Got some heatsink yellows that wont fit in my setup as the cylinders interfere (beyond use) with the cranks (and the pads rub against the rim too). I need to remove about 2-3mm!

Started using a file, but this will take me years :/ Anyone done this before?

Thanks

tensile offset mounts?

you´d use the full pad life

edit:ah,okay,i misread you were saying the cranks rub

sorry

so take a sandpaper grinder(dont know what its called in english,those oscillating things)

and hold it against it square till its enough

Edited by FamilyBiker

I used a file to straighten mine up a bit ago, filing is good for taking the surface off (if you're running a smooth rim shit get pressed into the face of the pad), but it took forever to do a tiny amount and the pad got more and more grippy to the file the warmer the it got. Tried a hacksaw with the pad clamped in a vice? making sure to mark it up nice and straight and cut equally straight (Y)

so take a sandpaper grinder(dont know what its called in english,those oscillating things)

orbital sander?

edit -

Bench grinder.

this will be the best method imo, on the ball again Mr ghost :giggle:.......assuming he has one that is.

Edited by trials hoe

Always do mine in the vice with a grinder. I give them a skim over every now and again too, makes the pads super tacky and better than ever.

doesn´t work with every pad, it makes some worse. But possibly he could do it this way too, just not doing long strokes and letting the pad cool down between them.