has anyone made his own pad refills?

FamilyBiker

i thought about making them my own shape,with rounded recesses instead of square ones,and in a size with which they'd fit every backing on the market just by cutting 2 little pieces off,glueing them in(obvious part),then cutting the pad body along the backing on both sides.

it wouldnt matter what backing you got,just a minute of time and a stanley knife.

there's the idea of a dedicated backing,too,but thats just far away in the future :)

Was on the other thread about removing backings and made me remember something I thought if years ago when I first got TNN pads.

How necessary is gluing the pads into the backings? Providing the pad material is a snug push fit into the backings that doesn't fall out on their own, and providing you setup the pads to be as close as possible to the rim, the pads are not going anywhere are they? And since

When I first got my TNN LGM pads I pulled out the pad material to see what the backings look like on the inside, I never glued them back in. They were a snug push fit and they never popped out when riding.

some say its necessary,some dont.

i personally think its just for peace of mind.it just has to brake the bond,THEN can work itself out of the backing.so are my thoughts.

if the backing and pad are meant for each other it shouldnt be necessary.

as much as a wide pad is good for wear time,you could always take some pad material off to fit your setup though

Already said i filled them down, just gonna do it loads as the were cheap,

And i glued mine with fish glue thought it were strong as it had a dick ton of warnings, and i found it ita really not strong.

wtf is fish glue then?

i use cyanacrylate based glue or freshly mixed pad material,its also a good glue.

I looked it up, its and its crushed fish bones, i couldnt get the lid of the super glue so that was the only alternative, thought it was very strong because it said stuff aboute resisting the urge to be sick if swalled. And rinse skin for 5 mins of come in contract. But asked dad and said it wasnt very strong compared to super glue.

clean the pads really good before attempting to glue them in again,i guess super glue wont hold onto fish bones either :)

No no, ive fitted them going to jave to file another 3 mm of them, did you ever measure them? Bacause i have filled ar fair bit off them already, ivwould recomend filling just the crusty coatong off them to hoever has an unused pair, would save a lot of waring in.

Also the pads match my rimtape prefectly. Look amazing on the bike.

P.s. still doesnt change my mond that there are to many pads that are green