Video Editing Software

tdubz

This question has probably been asked many times, but had a quick dash through the forum to no avail.

i want to produce an edit over the summer.

i am looking for software recommendations for editing.

i am a pc user but really like the look and features of imovie and do not have money for a mac so anything of that persuasion would be useful.

could anybody point me in the direction of any good tutorials for certain softwares also

many thanks

tom

Videopad, you can do quite a lot to begin with with the free version or if you want to unlock the full programme it's only about £20 :wink:

Really easy to use as well and so simple chopping bits from longer clips down into small pieces and overlaying stuff.

If you're willing to pay, Premiere and After Effects together make a killer combination! My MacFaggot-edness screams out that Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5 are the way forward, but obviously not useable on a Windows machine without Hackintosh setup.

Shy of that, I had good results using Cyberlink Powerdirector. Super easy to use and really powerful! Vegas was a bit of a "mehhh" for me, just didn't get on with it.

But if you do go down the Adobe route, make sure you go CS6... it's much nicer than any of the previous editions.