ebay case; sorry for n00bish question

PaRtZ

Hi all

Bought a gorillapod off ebay, paid on the 15th June, got told it was depsatched on the 17th June. Only after that, the seller started recieving negative feedback from other ebayers about other items...

So Im a bit apprehensive. I havent recieved it still so I opened a dispute. I asked for the tracking number, and what address they posted it to. They replied ignoring that, saying please wait, new post office etc in broken english. Its been 6 working days since 'dispatch' and it was listed as second class delivery. I'll obviously continue to wait a little while longer, but I reckon they've not posted it.

So what are my chances of getting my £10 back? I did a dispute last time and won because the seller admitted to posting to the wrong address. This time the seller will probably claim to have posted to the right address which as devil's advocate, leaves it missing in the post?

Thanks

Matt

Even if he posted it to the correct address, it's up to the seller to prove it. PayPal nearly always side with the buyer, which as an honest seller is so shit I can't begin to tell you. People are wankers.

If you pay by paypal; ebay always give you your money back its insured, just read the rules carefully and follow them (don't leave any feedback on ebay for the seller). It will take 21 days until ebay can get involved and issue a refund. If the item is lost in the post the seller should refund you and claim the money from royal mail, if they don't ebay will give you the money and pursue the seller themselves.

Are you sure its even coming from the UK?

Interesting point...By the broken english Id say no, but surely if it would take 2 weeks to post, you'd put 'postage: 2 weeks' on the auction? (rather than 4 days) I don't want to just sit idly waiting until its too late for me to do anything.

Interesting point...By the broken english Id say no, but surely if it would take 2 weeks to post, you'd put 'postage: 2 weeks' on the auction? (rather than 4 days) I don't want to just sit idly waiting until its too late for me to do anything.

Which gorillapod did you order?

If it is the smaller one I might be able to sort you out for shipping costs if your one doesn't turn up.