new bike..... no grips Help!

DeeDougie

Just bought my 1st bike (2nd hand 2010 zoot) really plessed with it n it seems the previous owner kept it really well with a few upgrades already fitted. Jackpot!

1st issue though is no grips on the bike. Without sounding a right ol div.... wat are the preferences for grips in trials? Soft/sponge/hard/rubber/knobbly/smooth etc.

Oh and I have just thought while writing this post.... cant seem to find the geo or original spec list for the 2010

Zoot anywhere. The 2013 is easy enough (tarty provide with all bikes) but will this be the same for the 2010? Or if anyone has the 2010 spec list would they be so kind to post it back to me as I want to see what other aftermarket products have been added that I may have missed.

Cheers. Dougie

I would maybe use rubber for street trial

Foam: lighter ( with a few gram, you wont feel it), more comfortable

rubber: more grippy, better feeling (anyway for me)

if you already ordered foam, its not that big difference, and its only a few quid, worth to try more

so nice with lock on and 150mm width, crazy quality for the prize , got a pair on my skye. http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=60&products_id=524

also, their magnesium flat pedals are amazing! stiff and just 330g / £64 (even lighter with Ti-axle)

Edited by mjewl

• 3 weeks later...

I've got odi longnecks on both my dirt jump bike and fourplay. I think they are great for street trials. For pure trials i would try something else but i would stick them on a Zoot. I haven't tried foam grips though.

It's been 3 weeks, I'm sure if he needed grips he'd have some by now.