Headset Help

JQ1989

Hi Guys,

I'm after a bit of help.

Swapped my frame and forks over earlier to a new set (which is nice) but I'm having a bit of loose headset trouble.

There's loads of movement and I cant get the thing to tighten up.

After a bit of googling I think my problem is my new forks (Inspired Elements) don't have an inbuilt fork crown race.

I've switched to the Elements from Echo Urbans, which I think do have the inbuilt fork crown race.

I found a Hope fork crown race on tarty, will this solve my problem or will it only fit a hope headset?

Wanna get this thing built so I can ride it so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply dude. Think I might be being a numpty. Just spoke to my LBS and I think I've gotta remove the crown race from the Urbans and chuck it on the Elements, that way the headset will have something to nip up to. I don't realise the crown race came off the Urbans. Does this sound about right? Thanks again.

I can't remember which age models had integrated races, so it'll depend. If it's integrated then obviously it's not coming off, but otherwise you just need to move it across to the new forks.

If you pop up a picture we can let you know for sure (Y)

Edit; Looking on Tarty, 2012 or 2013 Urbans have an integrated race, anything older won't. Pic for certainty would be a winner though if you're not sure of age :)

The race wasn't integrated, tapped it off the old forks and its on the shiny new ones. Headsets now tight as a nuns chuff. Thank you for all your help Mr. Rainbow. Good folk on this forum.

Edited by JQ1989
  • Like 2