Headphones, Whats best?

trials owns

Any headphone is for any application provided you enjoy it.

It really isn't. Same as hi-fi speakers and monitor speakers being different.

For music production, you really need studio headphones.

Sure, you CAN use them for hi-fi use, but that doesn't mean they're for that application.

It really isn't. Same as hi-fi speakers and monitor speakers being different.

For music production, you really need studio headphones.

Sure, you CAN use them for hi-fi use, but that doesn't mean they're for that application.

Have to disagree, but it's personal preference on what type of sound you like. Goes without saying, drummers, DJs, and studio production all require something specified for their needs, but a good quality headphone is almost always going to over ride this against a cheaper specific model. I've 2 studio monitors and they're extremely different to one another. The (3x) cheaper model analytical but yet is extremely unbalanced, why would the more expensive have such a rounded off sound? Just because they smack a name on there, doesn't mean you can't use it, or use something else. I also use a hifi headphone for gaming instead of the dedicated gaming headsets, purely because it's better.

It's like cheap trials bikes versus higher end xc bikes. I'd ride the quality XC bike over the low end trials bike.

Well I bought the Audio-Technica ATH-M30s at the end of last week and they arrived Saturday. I was away over the weekend so only got to take a look at them today. Really pleased so far, they're a much more neutral sound than my Sennheiser in ear ones, which personally I like (I'd rather adjust to my taste with the equalizer than have the headphones decide for me). They seem nice and clear, and I'm definitely preferring the over-ear ones to in ear in the office environment. They look well thought out from a longevity point of view too. Very pleased for the money.

okay, just recieved my headphones, Ei8htyballs EX811, and did a quick 10 minutes listening to it

Package: it arrived in a very nice looking package, with a magnetic door, foamed nicely, with ear pieces

The headphone itself is white, with braided hose and a microphone, with the logo on the sides. look cool I think!

first impression: I used my Seinnshesser CX300-II and it sounds much much better than that. Electronic music has a deep bass, one of the best I have heard, great mid range, and a very good high range

Of Mice & Men= little bit too much bass for my taste, although I did not played with the equalizer, but it has the potential

We came as romans= amazing. rocking hard, playing nice, I hear everything

Skrillex= and we have a winner. Spot on, nice bass, everything where it needs to be

it cost £30 only and if you need a headphone on the go, and like in ear design this one is the way to go!