Natural trials near London

Abu_Baca

I'm living in central london and struggling to find places with no people where i can practice. I am starting out so at the moment look like an idiot on a kids bike, just need some quiet natural trials I can go to on the wkend. Does anyone know somewhere within an hour or 2 drive from central london? I hate it here but jobs a job, I'll be happy if I can find a decent spot not too far out.

Thanks for replies, depending on weather I might go explore tomorrow. I didn't realise barrow farm was a dedicated trials park, but how is it for a complete novice? Been riding street for years but my trials bike feels so weird I need somewhere to get used to it and practice technique.. Also tunbridge looks good I'll searfch for some nice sections round there.

Thanks

Thanks JMCD yeh it'd be cool to meet up, show me some good spots and give me a few riding tips! Had some things come up this weekend so can't go today but I'll drop a message on here and we can arrange another time.

I'm happy to give lifts too if anyone going from central london? Reckon I could fit 3-5 trials bikes in my car easily.

I read about High Rocks in Tunbridge, sounds good except that it's 'fenced in and requires an entrance fee'.. is this what makes it difficult to find somewhere to ride?

I need practice! I could take my mtb out and do a few moves but I get on my mod (Onza pro 2010) and feel shit, I can't even lift the front for a manual. Getting on the back and hopping about a bit is easy, I need to get used to the kick needed to get up obstacles rather than the speed/momentum used in street/BMX.

It's not high rocks ;) like I said I'll show you haha, I'll give you a postcode to meet at when we sort a day to do it :)

It's basically around toad rock, and another is next to a cricket course. They're not obvious to spot while driving you just have to know where to go, no signs to them either I think.

I'll happily try help with improving your riding dude!

51.133671,0.239979 - Co ords for Toad Rocks in Rusthall.

51.133584,0.240918 - Also a bit here and down the footpath opposite.

51.130279,0.254133 - Co ords for Wellington Rocks.

51.131173,0.251105 - Parking on this road is free and just opposite wellington rocks. You can park right next to Toad Rocks.

Fir tree road is the best place for parking if you go to wellington rocks, just opposite the rocks really. At the moment i'm preferring wellington to toad, also a bit better there if its been a raining, dries up quicker and the rocks are fine and grippy to ride in the wet.

For toad rocks, head for the toad rock retreat pub, 1 Upper St, Royal Tunbridge Wells TN4 8NX and just find a space somewhere on the road!

• Like 1