g-turns?

nicolasp1405

The key I find is to go steeper, once you go past a certain point the backwards momentum will keep the back wheel up a bit like a manual (just completely the other way) I found the easiest way to get used to keeping the back wheel higher is to do it over a small jump box or out of a flat bank

so i go up a flat banc, put the brake and try to go down backward on my front wheel?

That could also work, I meant go out of the flat bank and g-turn across the top deck if that makes sense. Imagine a jump box kind of set up but with flatbanks for take off and landing... Basically, when you're going up something steepish and you do the 180 to end up on the front wheel, your back end will naturally end up quite high up because of the axis

I'm doing an awful job of explaining this haha

This might help!

Oh and on my trials bike I use the front brake to get into it then like err said, use it to save my ass when it gets too steep. BMX I just use my body weight so I guess you could do it either way. I'd say easier to use your front brake though

Basically you're aiming to do a 180 pivot but essentially you need to go much steeper than you think so that you almost feel vertical to the ground (you won't actually be vertical but it feels that way). You also need to let go of the brake as you near 90 degrees of your pivot rather than later. When I've shown people how to g-turn before it's the steepness and letting go of the brake early enough stops them and when they make those changes they quickly get it. Often it's fear of falling on your face that inhibits the steepness but nobody every really falls on their face unless they try it brakeless :-/