Help chosing bike!

williams

Hey all!

Sooooo.. I just sold my lovely bike because I think that a streety bike would suit my style better. I am ONLY going to get a Inspired, nothing else. This is a bit personal but whatever.

I need a bike that's good for street trials, but still is good on riding pure trials.

I've heard that the Inspired Element should be best for more trialsy moves, and shouldn't be awful on the streety moves! Is this correct?

I need help chosing bike, and IF I get the element, I would change some parts so that it's better. So the spec isn't a deciding factor.

So yeah, what inspired would be best for proper trial moves, but still good on streety moves?

I'd really appreciate the help guys. Cheers.

skye or the arcade, a rider called Dave Marshal does street and normal on a mk1 skye and its not super hard to do both types on a street bike, get a bike what's gonna be best for YOU and your type of riding, im getting an inspired skye team or an arcade soon and i do normal trials and more static stuff, but with streety elements added into it, so don't compare bothy types of riding, ride exactly how you want. hope that helps, i think like that and it works for me perfectly! hope that helps, but it might be a bit complicated me explaining soz haha ;)

skye or the arcade, a rider called Dave Marshal does street and normal on a mk1 skye and its not super hard to do both types on a street bike, get a bike what's gonna be best for YOU and your type of riding, im getting an inspired skye team or an arcade soon and i do normal trials and more static stuff, but with streety elements added into it, so don't compare bothy types of riding, ride exactly how you want. hope that helps, i think like that and it works for me perfectly! hope that helps, but it might be a bit complicated me explaining soz haha ;)

Thanks! :)

I've ridden the fourplay team for 2 days and I just fell in love with inspired's. I know that they all are good for normal static trials, but I want to know which one that's the best for this! :)

no problem buddy, if your getting an arcade, dont think its gonna be like a bmx, its pretty much Ali c's bike haha, but then again the skye is a trial machine, i reckon there your best bets if you want the best! :)

Edited by JJ Leigh

Fourplay definitely if you want a 24". Hex for 26". The Skye is lovely but if it's more trials you're wanting to focus on I think you'll find the Skye a little frustrating. This also depends on how tall you are. I can't comment on the Arcade as I haven't ridden one but it seems to be targeted at a specific sort of riding which I'm not sure is entirely what you're looking for.

The element is basically an old Fourplay so if you can't afford the Fourplay then go with that.

no problem buddy, if your getting an arcade, dont thing its gonna be like a bmx, its pretty much Ali c's bike haha, but then again the skye is a trial machine, i reckon there your best bets if you want the best! :)

Fourplay definitely if you want a 24". Hex for 26". The Skye is lovely but if it's more trials you're wanting to focus on I think you'll find the Skye a little frustrating. This also depends on how tall you are. I can't comment on the Arcade as I haven't ridden one but it seems to be targeted at a specific sort of riding which I'm not sure is entirely what you're looking for.

The element is basically an old Fourplay so if you can't afford the Fourplay then go with that.

Aaaaah this is so hard! :(

I might get the element just because of the v-brakes. I just love vee's.

But basically, the fourplay or the element are the ones for me then? Maybe the skye depending on how much money I can spend.

I am 180 cm. Which is maybe 5.9 feets?

I really wouldn't recommend the Skye, and I have one. Don't get me wrong I love it and I'm just ever so slightly shorter than you but it's much better at the street side of things rather than the trials. It's properly short so things like rolling up stuff is pretty much a no go. Obstacles need a bunnyhop up (my preferred method as opposed to a pedal up anyway). It's not exactly in its element on the back wheel. That's not to say it's hard work it just takes some work compared to other similar bikes. I went from an original Fourplay (i.e. the Element) and the Skye for me is a much more fun bike but it is no way as comfortable on the back wheel, there's less room on it so typical/pure trials moves are certainly a bit harder.

You say you love the Fourplay so I'd go with that. If you've enjoyed riding it and it's been enough to consider changing bikes then I'd say it's the one. Also I would also suggest discs over any other brake. Discs on the back of a 24" are perfect. They're silent, they can modulate, they're strong and they need little maintenance - you really can't go wrong.

It's really not a case of the Skye being a fancier Fourplay, not at all. If you can afford Skye money (not sure which one you mean) then just get the top end Fourplay, it's a perfect bike out of the box.

All this being said I rode with a bunch of guys all on 24's recently, everything from a Skye to an Archive and Fourplay. Everyone was able to ride both trials and street perfectly well but I would of said out of everyone Duncan Shaw was the most 'trialsy' and he was on the current Fourplay and he wasn't being held back in either respects, and it did look that bit more suited to straight up trials moves compared to the other bikes.

I'd also bare in mind that the Skye was pretty much designed for Danny and he's a wee man (in his own words). He said he wished that Inspired actually made a longer version as most riders are taller than him. My friend is 5' 10" and has one and it is bloody tiny on him.

Edited by Matthew62

Yeah, It would really be a fourplay the best for you. As on my arcade the geo is more street oriented and the speed ratio is 22/15 witchI found a bit hard for pedal hops and trials move, but i'llget used to it. The fourplay use a 22/16 ratio witch makes going on the back wheel and trials move easyer. Anyway I founded that It was more easy to attemp pure trials on my old fourplay...

Thanks for the long reply man! :)

I know that the skye is not really what I'm after, even though it will make the streety moves even easier. I can't even bunnyhop (yet) so that will make it even harder for me to ride the skye haha! ;) But I know that just getting used to it makes a big difference.

My guess now is that my budget would land between the fourplay team and the element. And I really don't want the dual avid disc brakes found on the 'fourplay pro'.

I need to think a bit and look over what I can afford, guess I'll go for the fourplay pro and change brakes. But IF I can afford it I'll go for the Fourplay Team.

Wish I had super much moneyyyyyyy :(

Thanks all btw, Keep the tips coming! :)

Hey all!

Sooooo.. I just sold my lovely bike because I think that a streety bike would suit my style better. I am ONLY going to get a Inspired, nothing else. This is a bit personal but whatever.

I need a bike that's good for street trials, but still is good on riding pure trials.

I've heard that the Inspired Element should be best for more trialsy moves, and shouldn't be awful on the streety moves! Is this correct?

I need help chosing bike, and IF I get the element, I would change some parts so that it's better. So the spec isn't a deciding factor.

So yeah, what inspired would be best for proper trial moves, but still good on streety moves?

I'd really appreciate the help guys. Cheers.

>shouldn't be awful

Lolwhut? Element is awesome bike for street with awesome vee brakemounts. Geo is really good, it's one of the best bikes I've ever ridden. Now I enjoy more fourplay 2011 with a bit shorter chainstay. If you want a bike that's good for street trials, but still is good on riding pure trials I think element/fourplay with 90-110/30-35deg stem is the best option.

And don't forget about skill. Bike won't do all the work for you. If I were you I'll take the element or some old fourplay and then, later, try marino/arcade/something other to know the difference and understand what's better for you.

>shouldn't be awful

Lolwhut? Element is awesome bike for street with awesome vee brakemounts. Geo is really good, it's one of the best bikes I've ever ridden. Now I enjoy more fourplay 2011 with a bit shorter chainstay. If you want a bike that's good for street trials, but still is good on riding pure trials I think element/fourplay with 90-110/30-35deg stem is the best option.

And don't forget about skill. Bike won't do all the work for you. If I were you I'll take the element or some old fourplay and then, later, try marino/arcade/something other to know the difference and understand what's better for you.

Haha jesus, you know what I meant, I was just exaggerating to prove a point.

But yeah Element or Fourplay seems what I', looking for then!

Hex is the best combination of both imho and probably what i will be getting next.... again.

Don't get on with the bigger wheels really, 24" is the way to go!

Get a fourplay pro then if you can afford it, the one with hope brakes and trialtech bits, not the one with avids on. My mate has a fourplay pro and it rides quite good

You mean the fourplay team? Yeah that's ideally what I'm after now, but we'll see what I can afford. :)

I have a fourplay pro but put hope brakes on it and i love it rides really well. I wud recomend a fourplay of any desription

Yeah I'm thinking of getting one! Will probably trash the avid brakes under the winter and put some saints on before the summer :)