Running Gusset Headlock With Neon Sloping Top Cap

tdubz

Just got a new neon sloping top cap stem

I want to run my gusset headlock system with it but i am having some size issues

The threaded bar is too big to fit through the hole of the topcap, seems one size too much

additionally if i was to drill it out, the top of the bar where the allen key fits would not countersink into the topcap itself

is there any alternatives to the gusset headlock system which prehaps uses a slightly smaller thread

ideally i dont want to use a starnut, any homemade systems people used before

ill get some pics sorted now to make it seem clearer

many thanks

tom

try drilling it out to the size of the thread but not of the head?

Yeah that would be ok, but the head will not sit down in the countersink when it is done up, its almost as if the whole system would need to be one size increased, both the hole iself and the countersink

Never had much luck with them in the past dave.

I fitted the gusset thing nearly 5 years ago and never had an issue, if all else fails i will go to a star nut no problem but i was just seeing if i could keep my gusset some way some how

Edited by tdubz

I've just modified a top cap and had the problem;

As the top cap sits on the stem sloping upward / the bolt has a flat on the underside of the head _ when tightened the load is only applied to the highest point of the cap, pushind down unevenly. Asking for it to come loose imo20131209_180810_zps32190c64.jpg20131209_114048_zps68889e13.jpg20131209_113918_zps157ee5d6.jpg20131215_214400_zps38f6daf3.jpg

Edited by f**megently

I would rather ask euan if he can machine you a tough as sloping cap. Also so you can tighten that big ass bar up as tight as you will want to without bending loads of those light top caps.

option 2 a huge steel washer and a set of those avid brake washers.

you can get long ass m6 bolts for stunt scooters, they're about 200mm long.

then helicoil the bottom bit of your head lock, or use a nut and washer?

Edit; here's the bolt

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPS-PRO-SCOOTER-ICS-COMPRESSION-CLAMP-KIT-1-1-4-STAR-NUT-26CM-BOLT-DISTRICT-/151171319315?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Scooters_LE&var=&hash=item2332834613

Edited by err

There's a 200mm m5 allen bolt here http://www.instockfasteners.com/SearchResultsxhtmlsubcategoryid~106/criteria~1%7C122%7C/mea~2/plnk~1/search~2 then you'd need to 'adjust' what it screws into at the bottom, time sert, helicoil or just a nut.

*it's in america :( . But I'm sure a good search will turn up a uk stockist :)

**shit, should have checked before I posted the link,min order 10 :( .as above suggestion then ;)

Edited by f**megently