Bottom Bracket and crank types

marshole82

AS30 is by far stiffer!

True but this member is just getting into trials and building up a cheap bike for learning on.

My opinion is get ISIS, there's loads of 2nd hand ISIS cranks coming up for sale all the time and you'll be able to carry it across to a new frame whereas if you get taper you'll just end up buying twice.

True but this member is just getting into trials and building up a cheap bike for learning on.

My opinion is get ISIS, there's loads of 2nd hand ISIS cranks coming up for sale all the time and you'll be able to carry it across to a new frame whereas if you get taper you'll just end up buying twice.

I wasn't reccomending it, Isis is best for most people, it was the "stiffest" comment, it's false information. I've got an as30 system and I can assure it's stiffer.

What's as30 then? Expensive but very strong? Always wondered about ISIS stuff, is it compatible with that octalink stuff?

As 30 is a new system crewkerz use, 30mm through axle made from alloy.

Just like the shamano saint design.

Isis is a splined system just like shimanos octaink but they arnt compatible with each other

Ha ha, Dave Shimano use a 24mm axle size

if your familar with mtb cranks

square taper( used on cheap trial setups tend to snap axles and round off crank arms square fittings)

octalink ( used by Shimano as there alternative to isis not trials specific)

isis ( used by truvative, fsa, raceface ect.. Stronger axle less likely to snap and much less likely to round off used also by most trials crank systems)

fsa omega drive 15mm axle size ( fitted to road bikes)

gxp truvative 24/23mm axle ( fitted to mtbs and road bikes)

Shimano, fsa and race face 24mm ( fitted to mtb and road)

e thirteen and raceface 30mm ( very similar to as30 can be fitted using there bb to any frame)

sram bb 30 ( only fits bb30 or pressfit 30 frames.

crewkers as30 uses a 30mm axle but as with the race face and sram 30mm stated axle size i am still to find out what there axle diameter is.

the sram uses a shorter axle lengnth than the as30 and raceface/e thirteen cranks

Keep the square on the hack if its not snapped the bearings last much longer.

if you do change over a Shimano deore or slx would be good. Unless its a road/ hybrid then go with sora.

a nice set of trialtech or echo isis cranks will be good for the trial bike.

I just found a set of onza pro cranks in my shed of my rockman your for £10 if you like.

have a look in the tf for sale threads you can easily find a 128 onza isis bb for £10

then you can change over to isis for £20

is your freewheel on the back wheel or the crank?

if its on the back wheel you will need a 12t screw on cog for the wheel.

it will be on the back so will need a sprocket for the front.

if you find a buyer for your cranks then sel them as i an't afford even a tenner at the moment, but when the time comes i'll give you a shout. what length crank are they? being 6'4" on a Zebdi frame what length would you suggest?