Looking at buying a new bike. Opinions please...

craigtull

Hey guys.

I used to ride trials properly about 10 years ago and now i am looking to get back into it. The only problem though is times have changed and the bike specs don't make much sense to me now. Could people give me honest opinions on this custom build Onza?

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_trials_bikes/onza_limey_4_custom_build/c47p12458.html

Is it worth the money or are there better out there? I love the look of the bike so thats all i'm basing my opinion on really. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Craig

It is worth the money though you could get a better spec for less if you don't mind buying second hand. Personally if I was buying new and had the money there's a few things on that I'd change like the freewheel and the bars.

What was the last bike you rode? Geometry has changed a lot in the last few years and jumping from something pretty neutral to a +70mm bottom bracket frame would feel a lot different, I'm not saying it'll be worse as each to there own but it might take a bit of getting used to!

This was the bike i used to ride. All i can remember about it was it was an Echo. I have looked at some 2nd hand bikes but they are hard to come by and i don't know enough about the specs now to know what is worth it and what is not. I don't really want to spend a grand on a bike but if it's new then at least i can trust it i guess?

Are the freewheel and bars really not worth it? Should i ask to change them up for something else? What would you suggest? Thanks for the help mate

1522114_10152518168889517_662452654_n.jp

Edited by craigtull

Well that build is one someone else has ordered so you don't have to have that. If you like the general colour scheme of it then give Tartybikes a ring tomorrow, tell them what you are after and how much you want to spend and they'll be able to come up with a custom build to suit you and will advise you on what parts are worth having and what parts you can cut back on.

Thanks ever so much for your help isitafox. I think the best thing is just to phone them and see what they recommend. I will most probably go for something similar to this and just hope i can get used to it haha. Thanks again bro, much appreciated!

This was the bike i used to ride. All i can remember about it was it was an Echo. I have looked at some 2nd hand bikes but they are hard to come by and i don't know enough about the specs now to know what is worth it and what is not. I don't really want to spend a grand on a bike but if it's new then at least i can trust it i guess?

Are the freewheel and bars really not worth it? Should i ask to change them up for something else? What would you suggest? Thanks for the help mate

1522114_10152518168889517_662452654_n.jp

is this the Craig I used to ride with years ago? and I think that echo was the ES2 model as there were 3 frames ordered on by Rich at on2wheels and me and rich had the other two

No way is that Darren from Marlow who used to ride the trials motorcycles too? If it then wow are you still riding bro? I've just got a new trials bike yesterday...

1888845_10152949640361029_2111145094_o.j

Ben from trials addict sorted me out and i'm happy as larry now. If you still ride i'm meeting up with Dan and Michele in Marlow on Monday if you fancy it? :)

No way is that Darren from Marlow who used to ride the trials motorcycles too? If it then wow are you still riding bro? I've just got a new trials bike yesterday...

1888845_10152949640361029_2111145094_o.j

Ben from trials addict sorted me out and i'm happy as larry now. If you still ride i'm meeting up with Dan and Michele in Marlow on Monday if you fancy it? :)

e

Yes mate it's the very same. Didn't ride for years after the echo got stolen but then have been trying to get back into it over the last year or so. Got a inspired fourplay first which is fun and then built up an echo pure, but could not get on with the new Geo. So decided to build something up with a more older school feel so got a inspired Hex which is a work in progress.