HS33R and MT2

ericbenjaminjr

Just had a look on Maguras website and the 2014 HS33 is called the HS33R. Going off that if you aren't having any problems with your current brakes then I wouldn't bother spending the money, also if you want to upgrade your front brake I'd recommend going for a Saint or Hope over a MT2.

Just had a look on Maguras website and the 2014 HS33 is called the HS33R. Going off that if you aren't having any problems with your current brakes then I wouldn't bother spending the money, also if you want to upgrade your front brake I'd recommend going for a Saint or Hope over a MT2.

Especially NOT for the HS33R!

• Like 1

For me its about ergonomics of the levers. Magura now uses the same levers for all products. Money isn't the issue here but comfort is. I like my Louise and I wouldn't change it right away because hs33r lever is very similar to the Louise. But I just wanted some feedback from any riders have tried them over a longer period of time. I've tried the hs33r and they are much stronger will less effort. But the owner has only ridden them a few times, and he's a beginner.

But the owner has only ridden them a few times, and he's a beginner.

Well, only after a couple of rides I could screw in the TPA all the way and still would be able to pull the lever almost to the bars. I'm not the only one with this problem either. Ergonomics is alright and the feel/power of the brake too but it didn't work for a very long time.