Ozonys Cannibal V4

ericbenjaminjr

Damon used to run heatsinc yellows on a smooth rim. I prefer a light grind but everyone seems to have different experiences with pads.

I used to run them with a light grind and they were good but then i smothened my rim and added tar and my brake could only be described as leathel

Looks like I'm going yellows. Anyone know if the CNC backing really makes a difference you can feel?

I run them, Makes life a bit easier, plastic backings cause uneven wear I find due to them rocking.

Also seen people break plastic backings and it's not pretty, not a common thing but it always sits in the back of my mind

Also seen people break plastic backings and it's not pretty, not a common thing but it always sits in the back of my mind

only reason i use them haha

@iTrialer: you'll notice a difference with metal backings, there stiffer and have less movement so when there set up perfectly square, its proper good

• 4 weeks later...

Heatsink CNC yellows are a dream! Thanks for the tip. Just got Trialtech SL bars, foam grips and Clean snailcams because the trialtech cams were slipping. Bike is now 8.8 kilo. It will take some time for me to trust the bars. As much as I love carbon I told myself I'd never use it for trials. Lets hope I don't regret it...

• 1 month later...

I did a photo shoot to document the final result of my build project. I was able to get a small orchestra hall for a few hours. Setup some construction lamps and built spots with cardboard boxes. A black paint pen and some photoshop for the scratches I managed to collect before the shoot, and I was all set.

Updated specs

Frame: Ozonys Cannibal V4

Frame Geometry: Wheelbase: 1055mm, BB Rise: 45mm, Head tube angle: 71.5°

Front Wheel: Rockman 28 hole rim, Schwalbe Rocket Ron tire, custom carbon fiber weave rim tape, Trialtech Sport Light hub with ti bolts, Sapim 2.0/1.8/2.0 spokes, VIZ aluminum nipples, 2 cross half radial lacing

Rear Wheel: Rockman 32 hole rim, Schwalbe Nobby Nic tire, custom carbon fiber weave rim tape, Trialtech Sport Light hub with ti bolts, Sapim 2.0/1.8/2.0 spokes, VIZ aluminum nipples, 3 cross lacing

Drivetrain: Trialtech SL cranks, Trialtech single cage pedals with Stan titanium axles, Try-all Symetrik rock ring, Echo SL Freewheel, Trialtech SL bottom bracket, Trialtech 15t rear sprocket, KMC Z610HX chain, Clean snail cams

Steering: Trialtech SL bars, Trialtech foam grips, Trialtech Sport stem with ti bolts, Trialtech SL Ti Topcap, Bonz Pro Light integrated headset, Trialtech Sport Light disc only fork

Front Brake: Magura MT-2, 180mm Ashima ARO 08 Ultralight disc rotor, ti bolts

Rear Brake: Magura HS-33r with Trialtech Y splitter, Heatsink CNC Yellow brake pads, Echo TR brake clamps, ti bolts

pMuovwf.jpg

fLaoMSK.jpg

LdYT0SN.jpg

ByN9yYV.jpg

kisbehD.jpg

ez374B8.jpg

1jnkqcX.jpg

28bjqjm.jpg

JpYc9qm.jpg

I put a gopro in the corner and timelapsed the whole thing...

• Like 1