I love the way helmets are a fashion thing

lewis.jackson

I think it should be compulsory for cyclists to wear them on the road but it would be difficult to police.

110% agreed. Annoys me to f**k when you're having to dodge a cyclist on the road because he's swerving all over the place especially when he's NOT wearing a pretty invaluable piece of safety equipment. Selfish as f**k too as if the cyclist gets knocked down and isn't wearing a helmet, even if it isn't the drivers fault they would feel guilty as f**k if they cause severe damage to them. They honestly shouldn't be on the road if they don't know how driving works. Really really frustrates me.

There's been quite a few studies that show that helmet laws lead to a decrease in the numbers of people cycling and an increase in the numbers of serious injuries. The UK has one of the highest %ages of helmet use in cyclists, yet also has one of the highest rates of head injuries. In the Netherlands, there are way more people riding bikes, way fewer people wearing helmets, yet the rate of deaths/head injuries through riding is much lower. There are way better ways to make riding bikes in general safer than making someone wear a helmet.

How does that work? People getting a bit more relaxed because they've got a bit of headgear on?

Still annoying. I pay a f**king ridiculous amount of money on tax, fuel money, car, maintenence of car, insurance, mot etc etc and for my driving experience to be ruined by cyclists taking up the road it's just bullshit.

Butthatsjustmyopinion take it with a pinch of salt

How does that work? People getting a bit more relaxed because they've got a bit of headgear on?

Still annoying. I pay a f**king ridiculous amount of money on tax, fuel money, car, maintenence of car, insurance, mot etc etc and for my driving experience to be ruined by cyclists taking up the road it's just bullshit.

Butthatsjustmyopinion take it with a pinch of salt

salt adds to the flavour IMO, my friend.