Mod Geometry Help

Culshaw95

I'm thinking of getting myself a Mod but i'm unsure on what kind of geometry would be best suited for me due to being on a Stock since I started 3 years ago. I'm 6ft 3 and I know it would most likely be best to go for a 1010mm geo but unsure on stem and bar geo. On my stock I have a 165x25 stem with high rise bars which in a way is a bit overboard but feels comfortable but i'm unsure on what would feel comfortable on a mod

I'm 5'10 and I had an echo lite 1020wb, and an onza genesis 1000wb. Had a 180x35 trialtech stem on both of them. The onza was a little short on the reach, but the echo was spot on. Both were +80bb, and 350cs. Had the same bars on both bikes and they rode pretty good

Edited by bing
  • Like 1

I'm 5'10 and I had an echo lite 1020wb, and an onza genesis 1000wb. Had a 180x35 trialtech stem on both of them. The onza was a little short on the reach, but the echo was spot on. Both were +80bb, and 350cs. Had the same bars on both bikes and they rode pretty good

Ah okay I'll have to give it a try. I've been looking at the old Echo SL on Tartys and it seems alright geometry wise. The last time I had a go on a mod was last year which was a mates onza blade and when I had a go on that I could ride it as well as I could my stock. I remember it having Trialtech high rise but never knew the stem geo. Cheers for the help

Onza blades are really good geo, just not as stiff as an echo. That's the thing I noticed the most going from the echo to the onza. The onza had a lot more flex in it, but a bit more feel. The echo was like riding a girder

Onza blades are really good geo, just not as stiff as an echo. That's the thing I noticed the most going from the echo to the onza. The onza had a lot more flex in it, but a bit more feel. The echo was like riding a girder

Hmm I'd rather go for a higher spec bike so it saves me replacing parts later on but I think its going to be between an SL and a Genesis. I'd want rear rim brake which wouldnt be an issue buying one for the echo but i've never been too sure with the 2011 Maguras due to having a HS11 and the piston in the lever broke. I'd probably end up getting the brake set up similar to my stock just not a Tensile Tocco on the rear as mine keeps leaking through the pivot bolt for unknown reasons

I'm about six foot two / three as well, I used to ride a maladie with a 180x35 stem and high risers and it felt pretty wicked, geo's like that aren't really around anymore though

Mr.Trialsbikingnunn has an echo lite with a 180x35 and highrise bars and it feels amazing, I can control and ride it perfectly. It's deffo the one to go for.

Cheers for the help chaps. Definitely going to look into getting one just gotta wait till pay day but i'll most likely go for one in October time. Will be interesting to see how i'll do on one, I just feel like a slight change of scene. I'll most likely keep my Limey 3 as i still enjoy riding it but its just a bit on the heavy side and one doesn't even lift.