Echo TR brake clamps ?

Marcus Chapman

So basically I'm fed up of the top clamp always squishing up and not being able to give much brake set up ability, so I'm wondering whether it is fine to use the bottoms of echo tr clamps as tops as well, as I have many sets of echo clamps which are squished at the top but not at the bottoms ,

I have already realised that need slightly longer bolts which I have sorted, but wondering if there is any other problems with this set up of running 2 bottom clamps as a top and bottom,

Thank you Marcus

post-36092-0-06449700-1437000741_thumb.j

Won't be a problem id imagine.

Run a washer beneath the bolt and it shouldn't deform the lower half you're using as the upper as easily

I was thinking a about that, but as the bottoms are a lot stronger I don't think it's needed as much and looks better with out! cheers for answering quickly

Stop being a rough sod haha ;) they don't need to be tight at all haven't got any squashed in my multiple sets

I have multiple sets of squished clamps so I had to make some use out of them ! Going to stop over tightening stuff haha

File the bent top clamps till the anodizing is all filed and silver.

I've done this before actually with some clamps, but these are so squished that the bolt has pretty much gone all the way through

This. I found 4Nm (w/o grease) to be more than sufficient.

Thank you, I'll do tighten them up to that torque in the future !