Magura MT Trail Sport Pad Fitment?

Rip

Not sure what those fitment numbers relate to, but essentially any MT4-style pads (so pads made for MT2/4/6/8 brakes) and any MT5-style pads (the one-piece style 4-piston pads, not the 4 individual pads as found on the MT7) will fit.

• Like 1

Get some retaining pins (Shimano and Sram pins also fit) and the four individual style of pads will work too in the mt5; I like them because they're much easier to remove and insert.

Edited by Daan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daan said:

Get some retaining pins (Shimano and Sram pins also fit) and the four individual style of pads will work too in the mt5; I like them because they're much easier to remove and insert.

The info was for a friend but I actually prefer the MT5 style pads in my MT7's as they dont have as much pad rock as the 4x pads do. 

Yeah, that's been my experience too. I basically put the pads in when they're new and take them out when they've worn out so ease of installation isn't really a 'problem' for me. In some ways the MT5 style pads make centralising the pistons easier too as you can retain two pistons pretty easily should you need to, whereas it's a bit more of a handful on the individual style pads.

• Like 1