Crewkerz WAW AS30 Crank pre-load bolt issue

Swoofty

Has anyone else broken one of these while riding? It wasn't over-tightened when installed and it must have snapped recently as it was barely holding on when I noticed it was askew in the crank today. I've ordered a replacement, but I wonder if it will just happen again. My screw finder doesn't go up to M18 (i think it's an M18 anyway). Does anybody know what size bolt and thread pitch would make a steel/ti replacement for it?

PXL_20211220_223251461.jpg

The preload bolt should only really be under very slight pressure, I would check the crank pinch bolts are torqued up correctly as they are what should stop the crank from coming off.

With that being said as aener pointed out a trialtech top cap bolt is the same thread and has a lot more material. I believe it is M18 x 1.0 thread.

Apparently I've been living under a rock. A simple google search revealed that there are tons of M18 crank bolts out there; in every material imaginable. I guess it was figuring out that it was an M18 was the real trick. Thanks again guys!

• Like 1