Bionic B1 dual disc

Herbertlemon102

toward the end of 2021 I really fell out of love with riding. it felt repetitive and slightly pointless knowing i couldn't put in time to be as "good" as i want to be. Kind of coming to terms with that and remembering when I just went out for fun. also I have come to hate rim brakes. so I hung up my Crewkerz and built this:

Bionic B1: found completely covered in  petroleum. a lot of hours of white spirit, rags and face masks to get it slightly green again. 

hope pro2 evo SS on trialtech rims with jitsie tyres front and rear

unknown forks, trialtech stem, jitsie Prototype carbon bars

hope trialzone rear brake with a shimano up front. 

echo cranks, no tensioner as the chainstay is the perfect length for a stretched chain!

Initial thoughts: brakes are surprisingly good. rear is 160mm for sidehop protection. It taps really nicely. the lower bb makes it very stable. my only complaint is its a bit on the heavier side.

Video soon. moving to London soon for my new job so I'm excited to ride there.

Cheers

IMG_7484.JPG

IMG_7485.JPG

IMG_7486.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2022 at 8:56 PM, Herbertlemon102 said:

toward the end of 2021 I really fell out of love with riding. it felt repetitive and slightly pointless knowing i couldn't put in time to be as "good" as i want to be. Kind of coming to terms with that and remembering when I just went out for fun.

Yea I get you, riding is a lot more fun if you just focus on what you want to do rather than what you think you ‘should’ be doing. I’ve not been in Trials for very long but looking back through the years some of the best riders did their own thing and didn’t seem phased by not practicing the ‘big 3 moves’. Trials riders taking the creative BMX style approach to riding can only be a good thing so I look forward to seeing what you get up to on this!

• Like 1