Insurance

manuel

I’m going with a bike on holiday in the uk and realised as I’ve not actually paid for it yet I’d quite like to insure it. I have no need of personal injury cover, just want the bike covered from theft as I’m going to have to lock it up outside a fair bit. I also would prefer cover for just the trip as when I’m at home it never gets locked up outside away from my person.

anyone had any cover like that that’s not the earth, seems hard to find!! I guess a standard travel insurance that can add a bike as a listed item would be great!

We're off to France with the bikes in the back of the campervan so I've just taken out my first bike insurance ever- I've gone withe Cycleplan who were about half the price of Yellowjersey with far lower excess too. In theory you can get 30% discount if the policy is over £75 using this link: Linky

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 8:59 PM, J.KYDD said:

Check if your home insurance policy covers insuring your bike away from home. 

I've had our bikes named on our home policy for a few years but when I queried them the other day apparently that's only while at home which isn't whatI thought it was... Now I've got 'proper' bike insurance I should be able to save on the home insurance by removing them I guess.