Trialtech lever repairs

scotty

Well after a good few months sat in the shed both my Trialtech levers aren't returning after they are pulled. 

Planning to bleed them in the next couple of days but was wondering if there is much that can be done with the pistons etc. if the bleed doesn't solve it? that's assuming its the levers that's the problem.

I tried a search but couldn't see much info

chain lube may or may not work long term as some types are designed to go sticky to stay on a chain. pesonally would avoid just in case.    silicone spray lube or silicone grease is safe on the rubber piston seal and wont turn to glue. fork seal grease is fine if you have some, but its expensive so dont buy it specially for your levers. best of luck. honk

Edited by robkerly
  • Thanks 1

No alloy pistons on those levers. Even though there are ones that you can use, guys from trialtech recommended me to stick to the plastic ones (I’d enquired on that before). Best bet is to change the o-rings and see if that helps and if not, then just get a new set of pistons.

Well, fresh bleed with some trialtech fluid and a bit of oil on the piston and both levers are like a dream again! 

First time I've used the top bleed too, I must have got used to shit brakes over the years. 

Cheers for the advice all

• Like 1