Sqlab 30x trials handlebar and recommended stem (not a 100% match?).

javimic

Hi,

Just to say that I was surprised to see that the recommended stem for the respective sqlab trials  handlebars does not have the 46mm minimum clamping area that the company specifies. When I measured it is only 40 mm. My classic trialtech stem is 45/46mm so now it stays. Seems like a wider (in this case) clamping area would be better... doesn't it?

IMG_0820.jpeg

IMG_0819.jpeg

That's honestly hilarious. I'm pretty sure Trialtech is the widest out there nowadays. I'd pay more attention to the torque spec of the clamp and make sure there are no hard edges on the inside of the clamp. Companies love catch 22s to get out of warranty claims.

May I ask what these components are and where you found them? Seems weird they actually manufacture a combo that doesn't fill their requirements... Most trials stems have a wide clamping area. The WAW Ultimate stem has been specifically developed to make that area wider to compensate for the higher bars and torque but I don't know exactly how wide it is.

Edited by Canardweb

These are the SqLab components built on the Canyon "Stitched CFR Trials".

You know, the bike with the spurious components: floating rotors (I am not sure they are still sold with them), DT swiss hub and plastic headset spacers.

The SQlab saddles are really appreciated by most women and I guess they have other good components.

Maybe they first planed a carbon bar and this was the according specs for the clamping area, but they eventually went for aluminum.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, La Bourde said:

These are the SqLab components built on the Canyon "Stitched CFR Trials".

You know, the bike with the spurious components: floating rotors (I am not sure they are still sold with them), DT swiss hub and plastic headset spacers.

The SQlab saddles are really appreciated by most women and I guess they have other good components.

Maybe they first planed a carbon bar and this was the according specs for the clamping area, but they eventually went for aluminum.

You mean the trials bike with 24 engagement points on the freewheel?

On 7/3/2023 at 2:00 AM, Swoofty said:

That's honestly hilarious. I'm pretty sure Trialtech is the widest out there nowadays. I'd pay more attention to the torque spec of the clamp and make sure there are no hard edges on the inside of the clamp. Companies love catch 22s to get out of warranty claims.

I agree with you. The max torque is 6 Nm while the max torque that the handlebars admit is 8 Nm. Besides the inside there are no hard edges (fortunately). What do you mean when you say 22s?

IMG_0982.jpeg

IMG_0984.jpeg

IMG_0981.jpeg

IMG_0979.jpeg

On 7/3/2023 at 11:37 AM, Canardweb said:

May I ask what these components are and where you found them? Seems weird they actually manufacture a combo that doesn't fill their requirements... Most trials stems have a wide clamping area. The WAW Ultimate stem has been specifically developed to make that area wider to compensate for the higher bars and torque but I don't know exactly how wide it is.

Requirements that do not match, at least stand out and attract attention… 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, javimic said:

What do you mean when you say 22s?

Catch-22 is a novel by Joseph Heller. The phrase 'catch 22' is often used to describe situations where the solution is impossible due to the situation. As in loosing your glasses, where finding you glasses would be much easier if you had your glasses.

5 hours ago, Swoofty said:

Catch-22 is a novel by Joseph Heller. The phrase 'catch 22' is often used to describe situations where the solution is impossible due to the situation. As in loosing your glasses, where finding you glasses would be much easier if you had your glasses.

It's on the to-read list.

🤜🤛

Apologies to others for the off-topic comment and photo. 🙏

IMG_0985.jpeg

• Like 1