Radfest 2023 - Photo dump

Maintenance Justice

Finally got around to developing and scanning the few rolls of film I shot at this year's Radfest. Here are some of my favourites from the weekend. Tin Hat Tom is a particular highlight. I quite like Serghei's pre-ride stretch routine over the pipe, Tom having the best time with the leaf blower, Josh Leech always smiling, the uni-cycle beam balance (apologies, not sure who this is) and the big 'aerial' shot of the bar hop competition.

For those interested, the camera used was an Olympus OM20, circa 1983, 35mm film camera with the stock Zukio f1.8 50mm fixed lens. My go to 'rough' camera that I don't mind being knocked about a bit. The film was Ilford FP4 iso125 pushed one stop (camera told it was loaded with iso200 forcing it to under expose slightly) then push developed using Ilford ID11 at 20° for 15 mins (developed as if it was an iso200 film i.e. for longer, to give better contrast). I really like this combo, it's cheap, and the push processing allows the use of a finer grain and traditionally slower film to be used in poorer light or in this case for faster moving targets.

If there are any other 'vintage' (blergh - it's just photography to me) photography enthusiasts here who might be able to recommend a better OM lens, I'm all ears. The stock Zukio is great, but something faster with better quality optics would be nice. I'm resisting going to a medium format range finder because they're massive and the cost just goes bananas.

Radfest8.jpg

Radfest11.jpg

Radfest13.jpg

Radfest14.jpg

Radfest16.jpg

Radfest18.jpg

Radfest19.jpg

Radfest23.jpg

Radfest27.jpg

Radfest28.jpg

Radfest30.jpg

Radfest31.jpg