Mint Leeson 609 Project

Brettoll

Not just content with a HEX, I also managed to get my hands on a a mint Leeson 609 Frame and Pashley (disc) forks to play with building as well!

Might go for a "of the time" build - brown frame and green decals makes part colours interesting for the build.

b786b750-d303-4877-99d0-b69028d1a932.jpeg.ad75ce20d9c76b661b12b54f74142ae7.jpegIMG_7231.thumb.jpeg.9cce7495a3568902f0c8515942fdbd89.jpeg

Anyone have any build pics out there to use for scoping parts?!

Cheers,

Brett

• Like 1

This is as mine was when i first got it bar tyres id changed. Atomlab rims on pro2 evo hubs. Middleburns. Leeson seat and bash, i changed it to v brake, XTR one for sale whicb would be good age for this! Hope stem, easton bars. Hope mini on the front.

DSCI0002.JPG

DSCI0001 2.JPG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Matt24. said:

This is as mine was when i first got it bar tyres id changed. Atomlab rims on pro2 evo hubs. Middleburns. Leeson seat and bash, i changed it to v brake, XTR one for sale whicb would be good age for this! Hope stem, easton bars. Hope mini on the front.

DSCI0002.JPG

DSCI0001 2.JPG

Oh yes!! That seat is superb - though impossible to find I would imagine.

Thinking cable brakes, have a V sorted for the rear and a not very period BB7 in the garage.. 

Such a sweet build!

I would take Adams answer! Bought it second hand and I swapped it relatively quickly for a BB7. Have never got on with Hopes and dont know much about them- it popped a seal on the caliper on a hot day not long after getting the bike and that was enough motivation to go to cables!!

• Like 1