Handlebar position help

Hi everyone,i hope so you doing well.

Here is the thing: initially i started riding my bike Giant(black one) with Pro bar - 40 mm rise(you could see it on the pictures below).Stem is 90mm,around 10 degrees and two stackers of 10mm.,so i started learning bunnyhop and was like front end was weight like 1000kilos.(i know it is due to my technique),so i swapped it with Inspared Team bar and all other stuffs are same and i have managed to hop (in the best attempts) about 40cm.Today,i just wanted to try old bar and put it back to the bike...and was like i started again from the beginning.Front end was like ton weight again.Very disappointing.Just out of curiosity,look at the pictures and say was it the right angle or not?

Or should i put back Inspared bar instead of?

Just to mention,that my fork is not original one but some different one and wheelbase is not 1040 but 1060 instead.Maybe i need a longer stem?

Thank you in advance for your time.

IMG_20240428_165411.jpg

IMG_20240428_165530.jpg

IMG_20240428_165448.jpg

Edited by basstrials

Posted (edited)

Ok.I did put my Inspired bar back on the bike and did tilt it a little bit back from vertical so that i could do bunnyhop easier.With this Pro bar was somehow easier to get balance point for backhop(i am still learning) but had to put a lot of energy for bunnyhoping.I have to try some compromise about and learn to backhop with high rise handlebar.

Old dogs here were right,low and long fot pure trials and high and short for street ride.

Be well people.

Edited by basstrials

It is a compromise. The more weight you have on the front, the more straight you are relative to the bottom bracket on the rear wheel.
This means your center of gravity is closer to the balance point, so less effort is required to stay in this position.
On the other side, with more weight on the front, you need a bigger displacement from center of gravity to be able to rise the front wheel.

You can compensate a lower bar by lowering your chest more during the first phase of a bunny hop. But it costs more energy and it is more difficult to execute correctly.

Bikes like these Giant were short and with a long and low front end.

Do not forget that using a high rise bar reduces the distance between your hands and foot, like riding a frame with a shorter reach (and also shifts the weight distribution to your feet).
Having a wide bar may also lower your upper body and puts more weight on the front.

Posted (edited)

You are right,that is what i experienced swapping bars.With low bar you have lowering your chest and put a lot of hands and upper body energy to overcome this "heavy front end" filing and have a shorter time(compered to high rise bar)to get to the balance point and tuck your knees.With the high rise set up you have a little more time.

You explained it better and detailed,thank you.I will keep riding with that high rise bar because give more time to react if got things incorrectly (like missing to tuck my knees on time).I have practice more in order to get backhop rightly.

Thank you.

Edited by basstrials