Has anyone tried the Tioga Weeny "saddle"

Scottew

I was wondering if anybody has tried this saddle.  Absolute noobie question, but, what role/benefit/use does the saddle play in Street Trials bikes?  I understand a lot of people will use them to rest on but does it have any use in maneuvers ?  Thanks

Never tried the weeny, but it just looks wrong. I highly recommend the Box One carbon bmx saddle. It's a combo design that comes in at 160g with an uncut seatpost and it looks more or less normal. I usually sand off the Box logo and spider lines to give it a more suede look. There are a few bmx type moves where you grab the saddle with your legs for hands free actions. James Barton does some of these moves, but for those moves the saddle needs to be higher than most street trials riders run their saddles. A low saddle is best for body tucks during sidehops and high bunnies etc.

BX-SA1_thumbnail.webp

• Like 1

Thanks for the response Swoofty. I saw yours too and it’s incredibly light.  I thought the Tioga Weeny looked very interesting because I saw a picture from above and it’s extremely narrow. It looked almost as wide as the toptube itself.  It looks like the one on the Neuron is also light. Maybe I’ll give these other two a shot one day.

Thanks again!

Oh yeah, the one that comes with the Neuron is super light too. I usually missed out on those saddles since I always bought my Czars as a frame and fork.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2024 at 9:48 AM, Swoofty said:

Never tried the weeny, but it just looks wrong. I highly recommend the Box One carbon bmx saddle. It's a combo design that comes in at 160g with an uncut seatpost and it looks more or less normal. I usually sand off the Box logo and spider lines to give it a more suede look. There are a few bmx type moves where you grab the saddle with your legs for hands free actions. James Barton does some of these moves, but for those moves the saddle needs to be higher than most street trials riders run their saddles. A low saddle is best for body tucks during sidehops and high bunnies etc.

BX-SA1_thumbnail.webp

On 5/12/2024 at 11:16 PM, Szymon said:

I think my saddle is lighter😅 

116g

e6_ultra_light_seat_272.jpg

Good thing i have both of these. 

These are the comparison shots between the two. 

According to my scale, the Box one carbon seat weighs 150 grams with the seatpost cut (176 grams out of box)

The new E6 Lightweight BMX seat comes in at 114 grams out of box, possibly under 100 grams with the seatpost cut. 

I would have definitely bought the E6 option had it been available when I was building my first bike. 

Both are good options. The Box One carbon seat is still a very good lightweight option at 150 grams seatpost cut, just not the lightest. 

20240522_151257.jpg

20240522_151345.jpg

20240522_151220.jpg

20240522_151405.jpg