Just Interested... Phone Unlocking

cant_ride

i know in le olden days phones and sims were made solely for each other and werent at all compatible.

is it definite that all phones these days can be unlocked to any sim.

basically im at the end of a contract and want pay as you go.. but my sim would be t-mobile... which sucks monkey butt.

I have been offered one of those 300 texts per month 02 cards but is it certain that my phone can be unlocked..

its a samsung V200 by the way

cheers people

oli

i know in le olden days phones and sims were made solely for each other and werent at all compatible.

Nah, in the olden days, all sim cards used to work on all phones. Then Orange locked theirs and everyone followed suit. It's just a little software hack that lets you unlock the phone - totally depends on the phone (Y)

Nah, in the olden days, all sim cards used to work on all phones.  Then Orange locked theirs and everyone followed suit.  It's just a little software hack that lets you unlock the phone - totally depends on the phone (Y)

no no no .. the ooooooooooooooolden days..

i know this because my dad's havin major trouble because he's tryin to chang his phone for the first time in 9 years

oli

cheers for yur help

btw can it ruin your phone if its a wrong code ?? if so what does it do??

• 4 months later...
download 'code calculator 3.5' it never fails me for unlocking phones..

No i lie i have never had any luck with motorola's on it but apart from that all other models and networks have been fine :ermm:

Yo. Well old thread, i've got the program, and i've got a nokia 3100.

What is the "IMEI" and the "MCC+MNC"? Then what!

If anyone know's the "codes" for a 3100... :ermm:

Mike. (Y)

On your phone, type *#06# and it'll come up with the IMEI number.  It's a number unique to your phone.  The other one I don't know.

Ok cool.

The other one you're now given, it's your country code (of some sort) and your network code. :ermm:

Mike. (Y)

Aslo, i have to select:

A S I C

[2] [5] [6] [7]

I can choose between 2 5 6 and 7. :ermm:

mike