Best Rear Stock Tire

Bennnn

well i havent used maxxis because i have always been outstanded by the grip of comp 24s although they are a little meaty they are so damn grippy and you dont get pinches at all so you no ......

Pauly :D

bet you never thought you would get a reply that quick at 2 40 in the morn now did you :D

Edited by Echo_Rider

get a rear maxxis minion super tacky. i used to use michelins and the grip does not compare to these. maxxis is simply amazing for grip and outstanding for pinch protection. i have used them for like 5 months and i have only had 1 pinch and that was cause i slamed into the sharpest wall and it had no thread.

one thing about the maxxis is that the 2.35 is a bit thin and a 2.5 is a bit wide for D521 mavic rims. the 2.5 folds off very easy but im sure the problem will go if you have a wide rim or wont happen so easy.

the maxxis' do wear quite a bit faster than a michelin. mine last around 2-2.5 months and that is riding street a lot and riding in and out of town. so it isnt to bad really.

but yeah the maxxis is well worth the money and i think they are actually cheaper than the michelin are they not...

but yeah the maxxis is well worth the money and i think they are actually cheaper than the michelin are they not...

There sort of cheaper :P

Maxxis Minion ST 2.35-£21.99 2.5-£24.99

Michelin Michelin Comp 16 + Michelin Comp 24 £24.99

and Hot S £34.99

so yes they are and arn't cheaper but I've got a feeling Tartybikes sell Maxxis tyres cheaper :D

Anyway :D I would go for the Maxxis mainley because I have had not problems with them and the only tyre that I can find with more grip is the Koxx tyres but I only use those for natural as they wear down to quickley on street.

Unless you get a 2.7 maxxis :unsure:

But how wide is the 2.7 Maxxis? If anyone's thinking "Duh, 2.7 inches!" then don't think about posting :ermm:

I'm very happy with the Maxxis 2.35 Slow Reezay's, running a Dual Ply Minion and a Single Ply High Roller - best set-up for me :ermm:

and a 2.5 is a bit wide for D521 mavic rims. the 2.5 folds off very easy but im sure the problem will go if you have a wide rim or wont happen so easy.

i used to run mine at about 10-12 psi, on logs and didnt experience this on a 721 :unsure:" but yeh maxxis are the best, i use a 60 a high roller, slammed it down from a 9ft drop with 20 psi and still never pinched, thats with a 3 mm tube in though :ermm: exelent grip aswell

Minion is the tyre to use..

I personally would go for the 2.35" Minion on rims like DX32/Ronnie/Echo.. I run my tyres at about 30-35 psi, and I can do whatever on slanted stuff and not feel it much at all.. Great tyres.