Trains

Duck

Hi

Im looking for a train to oxfordshire/abingdon to stay the weekend.but the cheapest i can find is about 40quid return.is it best to just go to the station and ask for a single there and a single back?never been on a train before so i havent got a clue.

Cheers

Phil

Hi

Im looking for a train to oxfordshire/abingdon to stay the weekend.but the cheapest i can find is about 40quid return.is it best to just go to the station and ask for a single there and a single back?never been on a train before so i havent got a clue.

Cheers

Phil

www.National-Rail.co.uk or 08457 48 49 50 National Rail enquries.

They'll have all the answers for you.

Stephen :blink:

A young persons' railcard is £20, so it might be worht getting one of these if you're a student and you're gonna be doing the journey regularly... It usually halves the ticket price.

Return will be cheaper btw - Home to Uni one-way = £22.50, return = £24.50 :blink:

A young persons' railcard is £20, so it might be worht getting one of these if you're a student and you're gonna be doing the journey regularly... It usually halves the ticket price.

It's 1/3 off.

And yes, return will be a shitload cheaper than 2 singles.

if you buy the ticket 14 days or 7 days or 3 days in advance it will be cheaper again (but only if the cheap tickets are available)

buy a railcard then see if you can book your ticket early, sometimes (very rarely) two 14 day advance single are the cheapest option but 95% of the time you want a return...