It's Just Started

antquinn

My best mate is now in Boston, MA at college there. Yesterday he sent me a picture of outside his window. The snow had half covered a car on the other side of the street - so that's like 3 foot of snow!

I'm not too bothered about the snow, there's a tiny little bit here on the floor and the rooves but nothing to write home about. If I liked the snow a lot I would go skiing or snowboarding, or just on holiday in Canada.

Snow is ok, but I'll live without it.

Stephen.

None in leeds, its really poop. Wish it would just snow really heavy for one week of the year over xmas hols so it would feel like proper xmas  (Y)

Surely if it doesn't snow 97% of the time at Christmas in Britain, then it should feel like Christmas when it's not snowing?

Can you not be accused of associating the ideals of Lapland, North Pole etc with the Christmas we celebrate over here? It's really interesting (well fairly interesting) how people do this. For example, the original Christmas took place in Bethlehem (no snow) and then there's Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere which involves Santa on surf boards, barbeque's and the likes.

I would imagine only 10% of the world (not sure where I got that statistic from) have a white Christmas regularly.

Sorry, I'm not quite sure where that rant came from! The snow is great, I remember one year spending about 3 hours trying to ride up a steep slope that was covered in ice and snow and had no run up. I was at it (so to speak) for ages.

I'd like a bit of snow before I stop riding, would be nice to ride in it one last time (Y)

Stephen Morris

it snowed most of the night here...bloody snow I HATE IT!

why do two bad things have to be combined. cold and wet both nasties! kinda drying out....hopefully ill venture outdoors in a bit

no more snow and finers crossed for a lovly dry rest of the year!

Surely if it doesn't snow 97% of the time at Christmas in Britain, then it should feel like Christmas when it's not snowing?

I just remember when i was a kid playing in the snow on christmas day and there been snow everywhere and when your sat there opening your prezzies and u look outside and its bone dry it just doesnt feel like christmas at all

More like a birthday i guess

You're giving up riding Stephen?!? (N)

I'm gonna be the only one left soon, we're dropping like flies!

Anyways...

We had about 5 minutes of snow here today, but nothing settled at all. It was just freezing all day. So it was a little bit crap.

You're giving up riding Stephen?!?  (N)

I'm gonna be the only one left soon, we're dropping like flies!

Anyways...

We had about 5 minutes of snow here today, but nothing settled at all. It was just freezing all day. So it was a little bit crap.

No I'm not giving up, but realistically I doubt I'll be riding in 2 or 3 years time when I get a full time job, so like I say, I want to ride in the snow one more time in the next couple of years.