What Car Do You Drive ?

SPOON

Right, settle down now, jealousy is such an ugly thing ...

405 turbo diesel estate.

206k miles.

Seen here in it's usual 'country-camouflage' livery of cow shit, mud and road grit.

405.jpg

... and okkkay, it might look like shite, but it costs me nothing to run, there's nil depreciation to worry about, it swallows almost anything in the boot (bikes are insignificant in that space), it's got a full tow-pack, and my 16' open canoe travels around perfectly happily on the roof.

Amusingly if you boot it hard enough (and ignore the smoke) it's still capable of a fair old turn of speed, which catches out a lot of people who assume that it's some kind of crippled white trash wreck.

I'm almost getting to nearly like it now (after owning it for 3 years :ermm:" ) - it's a perfect anti-hero kinda car.

Probably a diesel LR110 or a VW T4 next as I'd like more space (and 4wd would be handy).

Well iI wanted my car to look nice, my whole family's into car's and I've grown up with it. I were always going to get alloys and lower it etc. But whilst rumaging through the scrap yard i came across a clio with that bonnet, spoiler, sideskirts (not on the car yet, mabye this weekend) and quite afew other bit's. At £35 who can argue! :ermm:  :-

Yo, just wondering what your CLio is like to run? My brothers girlfriend has a similar model for sale (£600ish) he says its reliable and a good drive but i am just wondering what other owners thought....

Its a reliable, and is it pretty solid?

I don't really like french motors but when its your first car anything will do! :("

Right, settle down now, jealousy is such an ugly thing ...

405 turbo diesel estate.

206k miles.

Seen here in it's usual 'country-camouflage' livery of cow shit, mud and road grit.

405.jpg

... and okkkay, it might look like shite, but it costs me nothing to run, there's nil depreciation to worry about,  it swallows almost anything in the boot (bikes are insignificant in that space), it's got a full tow-pack, and my 16' open canoe travels around perfectly happily on the roof.

Amusingly if you boot it hard enough (and ignore the smoke) it's still capable of a fair old turn of speed, which catches out a lot of people who assume that it's some kind of crippled white trash wreck.

I'm almost getting to nearly like it now (after owning it for 3 years  :ermm:" ) - it's a perfect anti-hero kinda car.

Probably a diesel LR110 or a VW T4 next as I'd like more space (and 4wd would be handy).

I like the 305 & 405 estates, they aren't too slow, and they're practicle, my mate drives one, because it's 2.0 letre it's still got some power in gear 3+4

Yo, just wondering what your CLio is like to run?  My brothers girlfriend has a similar model for sale (£600ish) he says its reliable and a good drive but i am just wondering what other owners thought....

I don't really like french motors but when its your first car anything will do!  :("

Drive's brilliant, very nippy (1.4RT), and really comfortable. Very nice car overall and looks alot better than fiesta's and that.

tehehe

good luck to you matey!!!!!

i always thought hanging doors was simple by the look of it, until i actually did it!

my doors, which came off fitting perfectly, would not go back on right for any money :D

i spent a whole day tryig to hang the passenger door, the drives on took 10 mins to get right :P

it stood proud of the a-panel and wouldnt open at all, so ive had to use copious amounts of washers behind the hinges to move it back, but of course now the door gap at the back is stupidly small!!!!!

its a nightmare!

good luck

other than that, remember minis tend to fail on so many lil suspension things, im yet to have a mini go through an MOT without needing ball joints!

good luck!

nick

ps, thought id add a lil picture of the mini with the bike loaded up!

minis dont have too much rear seat space, so its actually easiest to just stick the roof rack on!

Theyve both got the same wheelbase though :P

Thats a nice mini :(

Tom

Yo, just wondering what your CLio is like to run?  My brothers girlfriend has a similar model for sale (£600ish) he says its reliable and a good drive but i am just wondering what other owners thought....

I don't really like french motors but when its your first car anything will do!  :P"

I drove one for a year after i passed my test (just this month go a new car) it was a Clio 1.2 '96 very good to drive, realy economical to go long distances in, i covered some distance in that car and its pretty good on pterol too :(

I drove one for a year after i passed my test (just this month go a new car) it was a Clio 1.2 '96  very good to drive, realy economical to go long distances in, i covered some  distance in that car and its pretty good on pterol too :(

Yea, I were suprised by fuel consumption too. Although 1.4 isn't huge alot of people said it would be expensive on fuel. Proved them wrong though.

I drive a Clio aswell (1.2 Grande). It is fun to drive, alot more fun that the new Micra I had while it was being fixed. The only thing is, fuel consumption isn't that good, only about 25mpg on mine at the moment. But for £600 if it's in good nick i would go for it.

i have got one of these babies. lol

had it since last summer, love it. had 105mph out of it all the way down the M62 on the way home from hull today, lol.

mine is a Y reg and its more of a dark grey colour, still very nice though.

engine 1.3, 15" alloys (i think) insurance fully comp bout £900, i've been drivin alost a year, no crashes/tickets etc.

silverfordfiesta_51.jpg

cheers

dan

had it since last summer, love it. had 105mph out of it all the way down the M62 on the way home from hull today, lol.

engine 1.3, 15" alloys (i think) insurance fully comp bout £900, i've been drivin alost a year, no crashes/tickets etc.

silverfordfiesta_51.jpg

cheers

dan

Just out of intrest, who is that insurance with and are you the only driver?

I drive a 1200cc manual injected dune buggy off of my mate for £450.00 about 6 months ago and it is so much fun then and now , even six months later. Ill try to get a pic for you all. I have had it 50 mph down the high street. Turns a few heads............might have something to do with the hole in the exsaust :"> (Y)" .

Tom

Are the bonnet stripes / cooper motif's gonna come back prawny?

they could well be dany, just as soon as i find them!!!!!

bought them months ago, and have sinse lost them, and i refuse to pay 15quid for a new set!!!!!

the pinstripes on the sides are definately going back on along with the cooper laurels, but i dont think the bonnet stripes are going back on, theyre just a lil bit too common now, and i cant help thinking they will detract from the overal look of the car in some ways....

yet in the pic below i think it needs them :turned:

decisions !!!!

silverfordfiesta_51.jpg

cheers

dan

Same as what i drive when im at home (mum's car), the one i drive is also a 1.3 and is virtually identical to the one in the pic, excepts its an 02 Reg. Cost around £600 extra for me to be insured for the year as its insured in london, although should be cheaper next year as i'll have been driving for 3 years and am over 21.

When i finish uni i'm still not sure on what car to get, i will probably end up with a skoda though as they are unbeatable value and well built since VW took them over :blink:

• 3 weeks later...