Echo Rims

sir trial a lot

Well, firstly, theyre not holes - its a CNC machined scoop, which may by why it looks 'weird' to you :S

The scoops are cut from the middle section of the rim, which is raised... and are this shape:

large_echorimdetail.jpg

(Rim pictured is a 19" rear rim)

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Adam

I do, I've only built one so far though - it was pretty nice to build. Quality is decent.

The rim I built has been on my mates bike for a couple of months now, the grind is still good, and his brake works great. Definitely a harder material than the Koxx 47mm rims :)

Hope thats of some use Stephen :S

I do, I've only built one so far though - it was pretty nice to build. Quality is decent.

The rim I built has been on my mates bike for a couple of months now, the grind is still good, and his brake works great. Definitely a harder material than the Koxx 47mm rims :)

Hope thats of some use Stephen :S

That's great Adam. Much appreciated. :P

I dont get the whole point in them? Do they save that much weight? Its preety inovitive but looks gash imo...sorry!

James

they save weight but still keep a fair bit of strength.

BUT the onza ronnie 19" rim is 5g lighter than the echo 19" un.

I personally think its genius. Holes = stress risers. No holes = stronger rim! Its a concept thats been around for years on road and XC wheelsets.

Its 50g lighter than the old (15mm holes) Echo rims too.

I think the looks are relatively 'marmite', haha, I like them personally :) For those who dont like them, theres still plenty of 'normal' drilled rims about to choose from :S

Im very happy with mine ive not really noticed the width differnce from the koxx 47mm and the brakes a beast and the grinds seem to last as adam said.

at first i wasnt sure about the looks but now i quite like it, looks pretty cool spinning.

would it just take ALL the strength if you made the squares go all the way through because ive been told someone has done this? :ermm:

Its been done by Benito Ros I think.. This will probably weaken the rim more than holes bacause of the corners, this will create a large stress riser and cause the rim to crack in those parts.