Made Myslef Some Alcoholic Chocolate

Michael Hardman

I think you'll find they have already been invented....they are called 'chocolate liqueurs'

Yeah, but its bound to be more fun to create your own mixtures. Might have to have a go, i'm assuming you just melt the chocolate add booze then bung the whole lot in the fridge? Everyone could post successful recipe's then (Y)

but surely 'alcohol' will be 'frozen' inside the chocolate and you won't be able to taste it.  (Y)

With the liquers, the whisy or whatever is inside a hollow choccy so when you bite them it flows out.

Anyway, keep us updated  (Y)

Alcohol doesn't freeze :o least not as easily

Pete

but surely 'alcohol' will be 'frozen' inside the chocolate and you won't be able to taste it.  (Y)

Considering that most drinks these days are designed to disguise the fact that they're alcoholic, that would be a good thing in many people's eyes (Y) Unfortunately as Pete said, alcohol doesn't freeze at sensible temperatures (I.e. In the freezer).

Considering that most drinks these days are designed to disguise the fact that they're alcoholic, that would be a good thing in many people's eyes (Y)  Unfortunately as Pete said, alcohol doesn't freeze at sensible temperatures (I.e. In the freezer).

it also doesn't set in jelly easily either in large measures lol my god that stuff was evil!!!

If you want a cheap night out i recomend it (Y) go half measures with Vodka and water then mix away lol. is like rocket fuel!!!

Pete

It has come out as a really thick paste, like blamongue (sp)

Ill decide what I want to do with it later, may condense it down a bit and add more booze.

I didnt make a mess other than in the pan, I got a bit scared adding the booze as there was this horrible hissing noise and a lot of steam (thank god not smoke otherwise thats the fire alarm set off)

Im too scared to taste it Ill wait for a going out night and also when im well

It has come out as a really thick paste, like blamongue (sp)

Ill decide what I want to do with it later, may condense it down a bit and add more booze.

I didnt make a mess other than in the pan, I got a bit scared adding the booze as there was this horrible hissing noise and a lot of steam (thank god not smoke otherwise thats the fire alarm set off)

Im too scared to taste it Ill wait for a going out night and also when im well

The steam that came off was probably alcohol. Its boiling point is lower than water, around 78.3degC if I remember correctly.

So when you add the vodka, make sure the chocolate is at a lower temperature than that.

Instead of trying to condence chocolate. (Y) (Which won't work), add some ground arrowroot, it's used for making glazes and the like, like cornflour, but tasteless, so good for sweet.

Just put some in, heat it, then it'll thicken. (Y) Job done.

Alcoclate sounds well nice. :P

Mike. :)

CD + Microwave = Electrical Storm inside Microwave.

Or as my brother mentioned above about my friend Nick.

First year + bored +micro pizza +microwave +put it in for 30mins + leave to go to shop= firemen turning up.

or there was the water fight in the kitchen or the fight with stones

Edited by Michael Hardman