Advantages Of Having A Higher Stem?

TheChai

I run a raiser stem, and flat bars. I dont know why. but they are nice and low. To be honest, i can't think of any advantages to having it high. If you have it lower, it will be easier to get more of a pull up, like on a bmx. And when your on your back wheel, your more vertical, so your more controlled on your back wheel.

I found it to be the complete opposite. My new stem's about 10mm higher than the last, and it feels way better. It made backwheeling stuff properly easier (bearing in mind this is just backwheeling stuff - not tapping though), and just felt comfier. This could be 'cos I'm 6' 2" riding a T-Pro though...

I ride a stock...not sure if that makes any difference, but i have had the same experiences as Mark. It feels alot more comfortable on the backwheel and i don't hit my legs on the bars as much (if at all).

I run the standard Pazzaz stem which has alot of rise, but i find it fine.

Have you got anything to lose Chai?

nah not really no... i am just gonna give it a go for a week or two... if it doesnt work out i might get some bars with lower rise or hope viz do some lower stems... cheers guys... :wub:

edit: i do have a weird feeling that the higher stem would make me side hop higher but i guess tommorrows would determine that... lol..

Edited by TheChai

nah not really no... i am just gonna give it a go for a week or two... if it doesnt work out i might get some  bars with lower rise or hope viz do some lower stems... cheers guys...  :(

edit: i do have a weird feeling that the higher stem would make me side hop higher but i guess tommorrows would determine that... lol..

i rode his bike on sunday and it felt mint-i usually ride stock and have found mods twitchy-his just felt right!!! it was almost like stock to ride just lighter :)

i wanna python copy now :">