Cracked Avid

Bigman

Just cleaning my Avid mechanical caliper, only to discover an nice "little" crack in it, Has anybody else experience this? and does anybody know what the warrenty is like for these brakes.

Pic:

gallery_84_50_114911.jpg

Thanks Adam

Edited by Bigman

Give me a shout on MSN :wub:

I have my old Avid Mechanical Caliper at home (The one that I snapped the drive cam in two). If I remember rightly the part you have cracked is removeable and I dont mind sending you my un-cracked caliper arm if its of any help :-

The warrenty should cover it, I spoke to a bloke at Fishers about my caliper while at The Internation Cycle Show last year and he seemed really helpful, so you could always just give them a ring and send it send it back...

"Tic"

Give me a shout on MSN :wub:

I have my old Avid Mechanical Caliper at home (The one that I snapped the drive cam in two). If I remember rightly the part you have cracked is removeable and I dont mind sending you my un-cracked caliper arm if its of any help  :-

The warrenty should cover it, I spoke to a bloke at Fishers about my caliper while at The Internation Cycle Show last year and he seemed really helpful, so you could always just give them a ring and send it send it back...

"Tic"

Ah, Tic u star, catch u on msn soon.

Oh, didn't know u snapped yours Rich, when did u get yours? perhaps it was a dodgy batch or something.

Adam

I dunno about the disk brakes but Avid's service is amazing, I e-mailed avid (in america) about the cable holder thing on my Arch Rivals snapping off and they sent one out and it arrived in 4 days or something, free of charge cost $5 airmail to send, no proof of actually owning the brakes at all.. great service though :P

E-mail them up if you cant get it fixed bigman :( ... just dont tell them your fat :)"

Nope, not got the 210mm rotor any more, and when i ran that i didn't have the standard avid pads, so the power was pretty similar with the 2 different setups, i have been running the standard 185mm rotor for a while now.