Its Not Scrap Its Classic

colly

need some help with information on my old monty, i will upload pics tomorow night, here is the description me thinks it is an early one maybe around 82-86 it is a geniue monty i no that as it has it engraved in the frame. any body know what they are worth now? all i can say it gives you a bloody bad back when riding it!! feels exaclty like a newish one. really light back end but heavy front due to triple clamps

Chrome frame (head tube has pro-monty engraved in)

monty bike trial-triple clamp forks

akront aluminimum rims

pirelli tyres

pink stickers

bmxy bars.

caliper brakes with cams

i did own this bike a few years ago sold it to a few lads around my village it got left out in the rain, and was rusty, but over the winter i have being restoring it to the best i can. the graphics are faded so i think i will ring M-R-S up and see if he has any kicking about. thanks for help.

Edited by colly

LOL, that really is old scool.

Don't think it'll be worth much to newer riders but any collectors or people who want to re-own one (if it was their first bike or something) might give you some money,

I would say maybe £100 depending on how much they wanted it and the condition.

Would be awesome to see someone riding one on a group ride. (Y)

Someone here who was the person I first ever saw riding trials was riding a bright white Monty B221. Was nuts. Had a go, and the combination of crappy U-brake style brakes and triple clamps meant it was a bit on the McCrap side. His was in proper good condition 'cos it had really thick paint on it so it didn't show scratches at all. Think he's sold it on to someone else now though...

Basically it looks like a BMX with a bash plate under it, i can imagine from a guess it rides on the bad side too, on a posotive note i suppose you can say its unqiue (Y)" it would be a laugh to have ago on one evben though it looks abit dangerous. Good luck to you building it up look forward to seeing this picture

nah its not the same as that but is very similar it has u brakes and has a monty disc on it and dosnt have the fat rear tyre, is that a qr wheel on the front? alsio it has otpi replica on it. (Y)

i love the old montys im going to start collecting them, some of the trialsin indoor championships the section used to be mad in 89 where otpi rode. ot isnt half getting on a bit now like, is that pedro pi, i was reading on spainbike trial site some of the old names who rode bike trials

andreu cordina- now director of sherco motor cycles

jeroni fajardo- up coming factory rider for gas gas

also adam raga used to be bike trial champion, ah the good old days.

and many other names.

Someone here who was the person I first ever saw riding trials was riding a bright white Monty B221.  Was nuts.  Had a go, and the combination of crappy U-brake style brakes and triple clamps meant it was a bit on the McCrap side.

That'll be T/B219, not 221 (that was the alu one). The bike in the pic above is from around 1990-92, just before they started putting the early Maguras on them. Actually, it's a bit of weird one having cantilever/v brake mounts - most were either caliper or Magura 4-bolts (it's probably been modified). By todays standards they are obviously a bit rubbish, but less so than you'd think - mod bikes haven't evolved that much from then, unlike the stocks. The biggest evolution was the fat back tyre and putting Maguras on them. It's basically the same frame/fork Ot rode in Ot Pi Technic, and he does some pretty mental stuff in that.

Now, if you can find a steel Monty stock bike from that era you'll have something pretty rare!

That'll be T/B219, not 221 (that was the alu one). The bike in the pic above is from around 1990-92, just before they started putting the early Maguras on them. Actually, it's a bit of weird one having cantilever/v brake mounts - most were either caliper or Magura 4-bolts (it's probably been modified). By todays standards they are obviously a bit rubbish, but less so than you'd think - mod bikes haven't evolved that much from then, unlike the stocks. The biggest evolution was the fat back tyre and putting Maguras on them. It's basically the same frame/fork Ot rode in Ot Pi Technic, and he does some pretty mental stuff in that.

is that the bike you are on about the one that rich 87 uploaded?